Meowgan
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

I made a cowl.

Post by Meowgan »

I made a cowl.
Spoiler
I am srsface here.

This was really easy, it took me about 2 hours and one ball of yarn to make.

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: I made a cowl.

Post by LiquidKarma »

That is really cute!! The more I see these projects the more I want to learn to knit and crochet!

Meowgan
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Meowgan »

This one was crocheted. It's just a rectangle with the shorter ends sewn together.

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

That's cool, I'm getting into crochet myself. Its good to do in the evenings when light isn't as good (if you have a day lamp then your one lucky person,lol). It also doesn't require as much intense concentration when your doing little project. Dunno what its going to be like when I get advanced!! I love learning this though. I may make something like this when the winter draws in. :nod
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

jelibe wrote:That's cool, I'm getting into crochet myself. Its good to do in the evenings when light isn't as good (if you have a day lamp then your one lucky person,lol). It also doesn't require as much intense concentration when your doing little project. Dunno what its going to be like when I get advanced!! I love learning this though. I may make something like this when the winter draws in. :nod

You said you learned through videos on the web? where did you find the videos? youtube? I'm thinking this may be the way to go rather than having someone teach me.

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I swear by youtube. I especially like this lady's video's Her name is Teressa. www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963

Meowgan
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Meowgan »

If you were in Sydney, I'd give you lessons.

I think after making simple things like scarves you should try some lace or amigirumi. Do it. It's fun and not too scary.

I usually knit or crochet in front of the TV.

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

A 21 hour flight from Toronto to Australia isn't THAT bad :shock:

I REALLY want to start doing some amigurumi...my coworker who crochets says it it's basic shapes and isn't that hard. Is there certain size hooks that are good for beginners?

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Different hook size depends on the thickness of the yarn/wool your using. Watch the video's they start with what hook they are using in the demo.

victoriaskywalker
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by victoriaskywalker »

jelibe wrote:(if you have a day lamp then your one lucky person,lol).
I'm saving up for one of those. They seem like a fairly good investment, I've been reading Cross Sticher, Cross Stitch Crazy and The World of Cross Stitch and they all have reccomendations of day lamps. £99! Is Insane. Once i get paid im going to spend at least 50 on some brand new threads of all the threads i need for some projects. There's a website that does them for like 30-49 pence each which is insanely good. Got a few things on EBAY too.

Does anyone use floss conditioner? I need to use metallics for the cover pattern peacock on the recent issue of cross stitcher. It's stunning. What I'm just wondering what the verdicts would be of the floss conditioner and where's the best place to get it?