Graduation xstitch Patterns?

non video game related projects...
metrix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Graduation xstitch Patterns?

Post by metrix »

Hey Guys,

My sister is graduating from High School next month, and I really want to stitch her something cute and sweet. Her ceremony is in about a months time, so I don't have a lot of time to do anything too intricate. But! I was wondering if anyone had any cute patterns they wouldn't mind sharing? It would save me a ton of time either searching or making one.

Thanks so much! :grin:

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Graduation xstitch Patterns?

Post by Caiella »

What does she like? What kind of thing do you want to be on it? What size, colours, etc :)

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by mud »

I'm doing a piece similar to this, but smaller, for a friend, whos friend is graduating (hopefully).
It's a poem in Swedish, that he wrote himself. He's paying me $25 to make it, so I'm satisfied :)

http://blog.bahnhof.se/data/filestorage ... 220127.jpg

I did the stitching in the pic for him last summer, I've already made him two smaller ones with different text this year, and he recently asked me to do two more. So that's 125 bucks worth of orders so far, and he is recommending me to his friends :)

metrix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by metrix »

Caiella wrote:What does she like? What kind of thing do you want to be on it? What size, colours, etc :)

I got a few other presents that a more personal to her tastes, so this piece I really wanted it to be a traditional graduation-feel. Her school colours are yellow (gold) and navy blue, so I wanted to stick close to that. I thought about framing it, sizing would be roughly 8x10, with some sort of border and a graduation cap in the center, with 2010 somewhere. I also wanted to personalize it a bit with her name (Anastisia).

sorry for not providing the details in the first place, probably would have been a lot more helpful! lol :D

metrix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by metrix »

mud wrote:I'm doing a piece similar to this, but smaller, for a friend, whos friend is graduating (hopefully).
It's a poem in Swedish, that he wrote himself. He's paying me $25 to make it, so I'm satisfied :)

http://blog.bahnhof.se/data/filestorage ... 220127.jpg

I did the stitching in the pic for him last summer, I've already made him two smaller ones with different text this year, and he recently asked me to do two more. So that's 125 bucks worth of orders so far, and he is recommending me to his friends :)

That looks so lovely! The boarder is really beautiful and simple. :thumbsup:

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Caiella »

Alright! Sounds awesome :D I'll get it started :D Should (I hope...) have it posted within the next few days :)

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by mud »

metrix wrote:That looks so lovely! The boarder is really beautiful and simple. :thumbsup:
Here is a KG-Chart file with the boarder if you want to use it.
I personally stole the idea from a swedish stitching store, who make old fashioned style stitchings with modern text. Text like "Homo Sweet Homo", "You picked on me when I was seven, look at my boobs now" (rhymes in Swedish), "Lez we can" and so on.
http://shop.textalk.se/se/artgrp.php?id=8405&grp=393445
And a .gif with the font I used. Stole it from some page a long time ago.

If a site puts up a image of their product in a high enough resolution that i can use it as a pattern, they only have themselves to blame XD

//Thomas
Attachments
CrossStitch.gif
CrossStitch.gif (18.74 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
andra3.sth
(5.61 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

metrix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by metrix »

Caiella wrote:Alright! Sounds awesome :D I'll get it started :D Should (I hope...) have it posted within the next few days :)

You are excellent, thank you so so much!!

metrix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by metrix »

mud wrote:
metrix wrote:That looks so lovely! The boarder is really beautiful and simple. :thumbsup:
Here is a KG-Chart file with the boarder if you want to use it.
I personally stole the idea from a swedish stitching store, who make old fashioned style stitchings with modern text. Text like "Homo Sweet Homo", "You picked on me when I was seven, look at my boobs now" (rhymes in Swedish), "Lez we can" and so on.
http://shop.textalk.se/se/artgrp.php?id=8405&grp=393445
And a .gif with the font I used. Stole it from some page a long time ago.

If a site puts up a image of their product in a high enough resolution that i can use it as a pattern, they only have themselves to blame XD

//Thomas

I really like that site you provided, it has so many cute things I would love to make, definitely gives me something to work on after this project. That poem seems really quirky and funny, hahaha. Myself and most my friends would definitely appreciate the sentiment behind it!

And thanks for the attachments. I completely agree with the hi-res patterns ;)

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Caiella »

Hey, sorry it's taking longer then I thought, life's been hectic lately >.< Just finishing off the last bit of the border, then hopefully I'm done lol.