Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Efrite's stitchings

non video game related projects...
Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Efrite's stitchings

Post by Efrite »

Hio, peoples. It's been a while since I posted anything on this forum. RL issues have been giving me daily headaches. But that's not why I'm posting here and now!

I've made a number of things over the last little while and I wanted to share them all with you.

For Christmas I received a lovely book called "Subversive Cross Stitch" and I love it to pieces.

The first one I wanted to show is NSFW with one curse word in it, that of a female dog, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to show it off. So, I won't unless I get word that I'm allowed. I don't know the age demographics of this forum so I'll err on the side of caution. If you do want to see it then please PM me and I'll send it your way.

The next one was made for a friend of mine who appreciates sarcasm much like I do. She LOVES purple. It's meant to be taken literally or not.
Spoiler
This next one was made for no particular reason other than I could make it and it made me giggle. After it was made, I saw its intended recipient right away. A Gentleman in the mall where I work just had his wife leave him after 20 years. He was upset internally but refused to show it outside. I gave him this so that he could try to find his laughter by inserting his own vocabulary when he most needed to.
Spoiler
And because Photobucket has decided to not work properly I can't show you the last picture I wanted to show you. It's a shame because it was fun to make.

So, please tell me what you think. I had fun making these things and would love some constructive feedback.
:tri :tri :tri :tri :tri :tri :tri :tri :tri :tri :tri
I'm back! ATK and all that foo..
Please PM Me if you have a Q on a post I made.

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Efrite's stitchings

Post by Lord Libidan »

i like the second one, made me laugh. nice idea to give it to your friend too.

only thing i would say is that you should tighten up the material when framing, the first looks a little loose. other wise, awesome! :yahoo:

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Caiella »

Love them both! Not sure which I prefer, but... it'd have to be the second one lol, because the appropriate word is always hiding when you need it most... :P

Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Efrite »

Lord Libidan: Thank you for your comments. I have a failing with my framing. I don't really care for the whole stretching part.... **cringes** I know it's not the best way to show my work but I dislike the crisscrossing threads on the back of the frame even more.. Thanks again!

Caiella: Mmmm I know that all too well. :nod Life is about being polite but people would be hard pressed to censor our thoughts! Thanks!
I'm back! ATK and all that foo..
Please PM Me if you have a Q on a post I made.

TaruSway
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by TaruSway »

Being a mommy and constantly having to make sure guests censor themselves, I have to say I like the second the most...I NEED one of those hanging in my living room.

Love them both though!!

:choco
-Sway
Mother, Lover, Gamer
Spoiler
Image on spoiler till I make a more size appropriate one!!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Efrite wrote:I have a failing with my framing. I don't really care for the whole stretching part.... **cringes** I know it's not the best way to show my work but I dislike the crisscrossing threads on the back of the frame even more..
I use masking tape around the edges of the stitching, then duct tape to secure it to a board that fits into my frame. Usually I make a mount as well. Sometimes I use a thin layer of wadding between the fabric and the board to give it an even look - this is good if you get a lot of knots in the back as they sort of bed in to the wadding.

Also, Servotron did a really good post on how he frames his stuff - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1489&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Framing etc aside, I love both these stitchings. I have the subversive cross stitch book myself but haven't gotten around to making anything from it yet cos of the craft swap. Seeing yours reminded me that I must add them to my to-do list!!

Good job! :good:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...