Page 1 of 1

Moon Prism Brooch pattern test

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 am
by FluffyBunnySlippers
I'm trying to make this look not so flat, but without making it look too cartoony. The one on the right is plain and the one on the left has some backstitching around the moon and pink gem. Thoughts? Maybe use a slightly darker color to outline?

prism compare.png


(Color tests are a PAIN.)

Re: Moon Prism Brooch pattern test

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:51 pm
by blackmageheart
FluffyBunnySlippers wrote:(Color tests are a PAIN.)

YES. Yes they are.

I can't really make out the backstitching in the photos (I can see it a little bit but not enough that it's really standing out.)
I would definitely try a slightly darker colour for the backstitching and see how it looks! :)

Re: Moon Prism Brooch pattern test

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:39 pm
by FluffyBunnySlippers
blackmageheart wrote:I can't really make out the backstitching in the photos (I can see it a little bit but not enough that it's really standing out.)
I would definitely try a slightly darker colour for the backstitching and see how it looks! :)


Thanks!

Re: Moon Prism Brooch pattern test

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:15 am
by Moirae
FluffyBunnySlippers wrote:I'm trying to make this look not so flat, but without making it look too cartoony. The one on the right is plain and the one on the left has some backstitching around the moon and pink gem. Thoughts? Maybe use a slightly darker color to outline?

If you are still looking for advice.
I think several shades darker might be needed to make it pop. Not black, but maybe a dark golden brown around the moon.
I used DMC 420 for the backstitching on this and I think it works with all the shades of yellow and gold in this pattern.
http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/download/file.php?id=24139&mode=view

Re: Moon Prism Brooch pattern test

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:11 pm
by FluffyBunnySlippers
Moirae wrote:If you are still looking for advice.
I think several shades darker might be needed to make it pop. Not black, but maybe a dark golden brown around the moon.
I used DMC 420 for the backstitching on this and I think it works with all the shades of yellow and gold in this pattern.
http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/download/file.php?id=24139&mode=view


I'm always looking for advice! Thank you so much for the input! I will definitely give it a try! (Life/work has been super crazy and eating all my free time. I'm trying to get a business off the ground, Life! Give me a break! Pretty please?)