Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Tou's Normal WIPs

non video game related projects...
TouRyuu
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Tou's Normal WIPs

Post by TouRyuu »

Hi everybody! I signed up a while ago, but just now getting around to posting.

(What is normal, anyway?! Oh well.)

Here's my current "big" project
Spoiler
It's finished size will be about 4.5"x4.5" on 18ct. I can't bring myself to do cross stitch much bigger than that because I get bored easily and I feel it goes so slowly! But it's a really cute kit, I'm enjoying it a lot, and I have two more from the same set. It'll look a lot better once i can put the topstitching on it.... I plan to finish this one before Christmas this year, then do the other two for future years.

That's currently my only non-game WIP, but last year I finally finished a Crewel project I'd been picking at for several years:
Spoiler
This one is much larger at about 30" tall. It was a kit my mom had given me; she doesn't really enjoy embroidery with this much freedom to the stitches. Personally, I really enjoy the freedom and result of regular embroidery, and I also love that Crewel yarn is much thicker than floss; everything goes much faster. I only wish that it was easier to find these days [emoji47] However, my mom did find some Crewel projects my great-grandmother had been working on and passed them along to me. I'll get to them someday.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Tou's Normal WIPs

Post by Firehawke »

Those projects look way cool! And how neat about inheriting those projects!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TouRyuu
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Tou's Normal WIPs

Post by TouRyuu »

Thanks!

I've set aside the bird one for now because I have tiny a project that's a bit more urgent - but it's game themed so it's over in that section.

Unfortunately the old projects didn't come with instructions, just the stamped designs and yarn. Fortunately, they're from fairly popular kits, so I can find pictures of them online and wing it from there. Several of them are also WIP, and continuing where someone else left off isn't exactly fun. The biggest thing right now is finding the motivation to sort through it all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk