Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke's crafty obsession...non-video games!

non video game related projects...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke's crafty obsession...non-video games!

Post by Firehawke »

I remembered to take a pic last night!
Spoiler
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Here's the latest update on my 11th Doctor stained glass project:
Spoiler
Taking a bit of a break from it to work on this guy:
Spoiler
It's Baby Bungo from the book "Great Redwall Feast" by Brian Jacques, illustrated by Christopher Denise. My favorite series of books would have to be "Redwall" and I love the illustration style the Mr. Denise brought to the picture books and cookbooks. When I was looking at images the other day, I knew I had to try and stitch Baby Bungo reading a book, as it would be perfect above the shelves that hold my 20+ Redwall book collection :tease: I started in Sunday and had most of Monday to work on it (it was Labor Day here in the U.S. and it's one of the holidays that I actually get to take on the day it actually happens (most holidays are considered "floating" so we can be closed between Christmas and New Years)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Ashlene
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Ashlene »

Oh! Redwall is my favorite series too!! Looks great so far.
Current Projects:
  • Epic Pokemong Gen 1 - pg. 2/30
    Banjo Kazooie scene for charity quilt
    Finn Faces
    Giant Octopus Amigurumi

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks, Ashlene!!! How neat that's it's your favorite series, too!

I posted the same pic over at Loamhedge Abbey Forum (the site that replaced the old Redwall Abbey Forum that mysteriously disappeared last year) but without many details. Someone did guess correctly that I'm stitching a mole, but no one has guessed that it's Bungo (my all-time favorite Dibbun).

I decided to do a day by day update for this one (more for my benefit so I can see how much I've done than for showing off). Here's the latest...
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Bungo has an eye now!
Spoiler
I'll be interested to see how much I get done over the weekend...as long as I don't get distracted with gaming :tease:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Had a bit of time to work on Bungo...and I finally made it to Hobby Lobby to get yet another thread caddy so all of the DMC for this project could be organized just the way I like it.
Spoiler

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

He's coming along great, I love him! Can't wait to see him finished, the cheeky little Dibbun that he is
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks, lcockitt!!!! Cheeky, he is! :tease:

He's getting closer to being finishing...hoping this weekend!
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Some more progress from last night!
Spoiler
Hope to get a lot done over the next 3 nights while watching baseball! Go Indians!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Crafted through a visit from someone from church, took a break to eat some Chinese (there's a place in town that delivers the BEST Chinese takeout!), and then got back to being busy during the baseball game (which we won!)
Spoiler