Ark's stuff

non video game related projects...
arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Ark's stuff

Post by arkani »

soooooooooooooooooo
since I've lost the other thread I had, from way back when, I'll try to keep this one safe. ;) *bookmarks it*

I've been gone a while - work and study (and getting lost in the black hole of feels that are Mass Effect ad Dragon age... ) got in the way - but now things have settled a bit, I'll be able to get back more often. Hooray!
So.
while i've been gone... I've done (this'll take a few posts lol)
glows in the dark, too!
glows in the dark, too!
2015-03-01 21.41.52.jpg (112.88 KiB) Viewed 6560 times
Birthday prezzie - used 3 strands and a 15mm hook, changed out one strand for the next colour every 3 (i think) rows.
Birthday prezzie - used 3 strands and a 15mm hook, changed out one strand for the next colour every 3 (i think) rows.
2015-03-31 20.41.32.jpg (197.77 KiB) Viewed 6560 times
Made with Birthday yarn! :D
Made with Birthday yarn! :D
2015-05-03 14.53.41 HDR.jpg (259.58 KiB) Viewed 6560 times
I can't find the spidey doll I made, but this was part of nephews' 1st bday prez. Fun fact: I *suck* at counting st when it comes to this blankie. so much frogging.
I can't find the spidey doll I made, but this was part of nephews' 1st bday prez. Fun fact: I *suck* at counting st when it comes to this blankie. so much frogging.
2015-07-15 17.31.34.jpg (173 KiB) Viewed 6560 times
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Ark's stuff

Post by arkani »

but wait! there's more! Call within the next thirty minutes, and you won't get a set of steak knives!
Tried my hand at needle felting!
Tried my hand at needle felting!
2015-07-26 11.33.59 HDR.jpg (105.25 KiB) Viewed 6550 times
It's framed now, but I can't find the pic,and i'm too lazy to go take another lol
It's framed now, but I can't find the pic,and i'm too lazy to go take another lol
2015-09-25 23.31.15.jpg (202.31 KiB) Viewed 6550 times
Tinycorn! the amigurimi incarnation of my cross stitch pattern :D
Tinycorn! the amigurimi incarnation of my cross stitch pattern :D
2016-01-12 14.39.41.jpg (235.5 KiB) Viewed 6550 times
I totally named him Barkspawn, too. Who's a good vicious warhound? He is!
And just because it's cute. Not made by me, but bought from the Bioware store. Well..the coffee I made. does that count?
And just because it's cute. Not made by me, but bought from the Bioware store. Well..the coffee I made. does that count?
2016-01-07 08.01.53.jpg (42.18 KiB) Viewed 6550 times
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

And last, but not least - what i'm doing right nao

Season 12 Doctor Who Scarf! :D
2016-01-22 23.52.36.jpg
2016-01-22 23.52.36.jpg (164.54 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
The first 300 stitches of this 230k monster http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... s_id=10639 (it's not just black in there, either...)
2016-01-06 12.56.53.jpg
2016-01-06 12.56.53.jpg (229.87 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
aaand a Wonder Blanket CAL from facebook.
2016-01-22 19.25.12.jpg
2016-01-22 19.25.12.jpg (155.96 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
I'm eyeing off a few other projects to start, because why not have a billion WIPs but I'll see how I go. :)
Working on:

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Wow....oooo...aaahhhh....IS THAT A PENGUIN HESSOCUTE!!! Amazing....oooo....Woah...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

QueenBex wrote:Wow....oooo...aaahhhh....IS THAT A PENGUIN HESSOCUTE!!! Amazing....oooo....Woah...
:D yep - penguin! I made it from a cheap needle felt kit off ebay, just to see what it was all about - and to get some groundwork in if I ever decide to felt something onto fabric etc. :) he's TEENY. 2" tall!
Working on:

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

My goodness you've been busy! The Lumos cross stitch and Tardis afghan are my favourites, and have both been added to my wish list.
I also love how many of your pics have "helpers" in them. Helpers are the best!
Glad you're back and can't wait to see more.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Clarington wrote:My goodness you've been busy! The Lumos cross stitch and Tardis afghan are my favourites, and have both been added to my wish list.
I also love how many of your pics have "helpers" in them. Helpers are the best!
Glad you're back and can't wait to see more.
...This is just the SFW stuff. :D
I find helpers are most helpful - especially fro floss and yarn guarding, and size comparison. I have another TARDIS one - A shawl for a friend of a friend, but for the life of me I can't find it. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... s-in-space - I did mine like the third pic, and put the Sonic at the top. :)
Working on:

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

I... I may need to abduct you so you can teach me how to do all this cute. Lovely work!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

LOVE what you've posted! You have a LOT of talent!

The TARDIS blanket is great...and can't wait to see the finished scarf!

Good luck with your Heaven And Earth Designs project...I working on one myself and have another one all but ready to start (just need aida). The final project will be worth all of the crazy amount of stitches!

Can't wait to see more!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

:D Thanks everyone!
Firehawke, ooh! what one are you doing? I had this one jump into my cart the other day. Because I'm apparently a glutton for punishment. http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=8625
I'm eyeing off a few of those adorable dragon ones though - with the cookies and coffee/tea etc.
i'm cheating somewhat - because you simply can't tell the difference on 22ct, i'm doing 2 strands on tent stitch, not the full x. *so* much faster.

I've been unemployed for most of last year, so I had a heap of time on my hands. So I filled it, obviously lol - at least when I wasn't playing games, and applying for work. I actually have work now - still casual, but work is work. I'm also going back to study again this year, so it'll make less crafty time, but it means I can afford the better/nicer/shinier things. :D

Scarf update: over half a meter, now! Still a long way to go though. I think when I make it again (yeah, when not if - my brother wants one and I could probably sell a couple too- they're simple and work up fast if you're not a glacial paced knitter ;) ) I'll use a different grey, and try a different olive. the DW cosplay/scarf knitting group i'm on on facebook have tried many, many variations on colours, so why not try and see what works best. Plus I know the other olive i've seen is an almost exact match to the original scarf.
2016-01-26 18.42.39.jpg
2016-01-26 18.42.39.jpg (559.28 KiB) Viewed 6454 times
..and yeah, I sketch on everything I can get my paws on. :grin:

Mishatu - i'm self taught through youtube! :D
Working on: