Snoopy pillow - now framed

non video game related projects...
tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Snoopy pillow - now framed

Post by tiiiiii_85 »

Hello everybody,
I am currently working on a wedding pillow for my sister. The image is a big (50cm x 50cm) Snoopy hugging a hearth; you can find the pattern here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15474

I finished page 1 out of ten and I am now working on page 2. This is the first time I do something that big, so I bought the fabric with the grid already on it. I have to admit that all this white is super boring. :green

Let me know what you think, even though I realize it is a pretty easy pattern. :blush:
Attachments
2015-04-12 14.20.12.jpg
2015-04-12 14.20.12.jpg (590.33 KiB) Viewed 19795 times
Last edited by tiiiiii_85 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a self learner who started stitching in high school. After years of break I am finally back to cross stitching, thanks to this forum!
Going on projects:
- Wedding birds (framing phase)
- still undecided

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Snoopy pillow

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I am doing this exact picture for a friend but smaller! Good luck with all that stitching!

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Can't wait to see the finished pillow......big is beautiful..... :good:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

What a great start...good luck!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Snoopy pillow [work in progress page 2]

Post by tiiiiii_85 »

Hello!
Lately I didn't have much time to stitch...damn you job! So my progress is not really much, but you can already see it's a Snoopy.
I want to share it anyway to ask you what you think. I decided to work on half of the stitches first and then complete them. I like this idea because it lets me follow the general image faster and I don't depend on the number of white stitches, which are too many. What do you think? Is it a dangerous technique for the pattern?
Attachments
snoopy_pg2.jpg
snoopy_pg2.jpg (33.72 KiB) Viewed 18835 times
I am a self learner who started stitching in high school. After years of break I am finally back to cross stitching, thanks to this forum!
Going on projects:
- still undecided

tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Snoopy pillow - page 3

Post by tiiiiii_85 »

Hello again,

in these past months I haven't been very active here and also in my stitching project. A very, very bad situation at work pulled me down and I became apathetic until I decided to quit, move out of Belgium and join my fiance` in Luxembourg. I am still in the process of leaving the country, but I already feel much better and I started stitching again!
I completed page 2/10 of my Snoopy pillow and I am now working on page 3. Finally Snoopy is visible and I like how well defined it looks. :nod
Attachments
phpzVYgATAM.jpg
phpzVYgATAM.jpg (121.53 KiB) Viewed 18699 times
Going on projects:
- still undecided

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Also glad to see your progress with Snoopy. :) I can't wait to see more of that heart peeking through.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Snoopy is looking cute! Good luck with everything!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tiiiiii_85 »

Hello everybody, :hello:
it has been almost one year since my last update (which was also my last post on the forum). The past year and half have been pretty difficult at the beginning, but then things worked out. Finally I have a stable situation in terms of work and life in general. In the end I didn't make a wedding pillow for my sister, for the simple reason, I couldn't finish the project on time. In the end the plan changed when she got pregnant. :D The Snoopy will be a gift for my newborn nephew. <3 I recently finished stitching and this weekend I am working on framing (I follow Eliste's guidelines).
Attachments
2017-03-25 18.20.54.jpg
Going on projects:
- still undecided

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Nice to see you again, glad things have picked up for you!
The Snoopy is lovely, well done!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...