Coffee anyone?

non video game related projects...
mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Coffee anyone?

Post by mud »

Made this piece yesterday.
The design for the cup I got by googling "coffee cross stitch" , finding this http://www.flickr.com/photos/71753019@N00/3379278379/
The hearts are from a Swedish pattern store called fulshop.se
The caffeine molecule I googled and made a pattern of myself.
I did the molecule with one strand of black and one strand of red floss. I like the effect.

I'm not satisfied with it. So I'm going to donate it to a local café and make myself a new one.

//Mud
Attachments
PC0102102.JPG
PC0102102.JPG (80.49 KiB) Viewed 5084 times

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Coffee anyone?

Post by LiquidKarma »

That is quite clever and very cool! Why aren't you satisfied with it?

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by mud »

I think the molecule should be higher up, and also I'm not so fond of the colours. Should probably thought of that before I started stitching :)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

lol I actually have the caffeine molecular structure as my MSN pic (since I seem to be living on caffeine these days) - you can buy t shirts and mugs with it printed on :D

I really like this, I think it'd look great in a kitchen. I do see what you mean when you say you think the molecule should be higher up, but it's really not that bad the way it is :)
I agree with LiquidKarma though, very clever & cool! I look forward to seeing your new one ^^
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by mud »

The big idea is to have a series of kitchen stitchings.
This one, one with a chili-pepper and the molecule structure of capsaicin, and one with a martini (or something else, haven't decided) and a representation of the ethanol molecule :)

EDIT: While writing this I realised that lactose would be nice as well. Then I looked it up and realised how christmasy it was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lacto ... zontal.png
EDIT2: And now I found the "Molecule of the Month" homepage. To the drawing table! http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/motm.htm

Zombified
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Zombified »

I've always wanted to do this because they have tshirts with caffeine's on it at ThinkGeek.

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by mud »

Yeah. I love the shirts from thinkgeek. But unfortunatly, international shipping is pretty expensive.
Their coffee-shirt was definitely an inspiration.

Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Efrite »

I really like it! An idea for kitchen decorations would be to pick a bunch of different things like spices or things and do stitchings of their atoms. Put the stitchings on the wall.
I'm back! ATK and all that foo..
Please PM Me if you have a Q on a post I made.

Zombified
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Zombified »

mud wrote:Yeah. I love the shirts from thinkgeek. But unfortunatly, international shipping is pretty expensive.
Their coffee-shirt was definitely an inspiration.
NICE!
And I know, right?
I ordered only ONCE from them about 4 years ago and never have again. The shipping was in crazy and then I had to shell out a ton to DHL.
I need to get a American friend to buy it for me and ship it to me as a "gift" haha.