non video game related projects...
sorbetsurprise
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

UFO Epic Unicorn cross stitch

Post by sorbetsurprise »

IMG_20150223_130207.jpg
IMG_20150223_130207.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 5430 times
This UFO is several years old and I have no idea how many hours I have spent on it so far. It is a DMC pattern called Medieval Moonlight and I have already finished a companion piece the same size. As I am now on maternity leave so have limited mobility but lots of time I have picked it back up again. This is the WIP shot I am working on so far. I figure posting updates on here might get it moving again.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: UFO Epic Unicorn cross stitch

Post by Firehawke »

Very pretty...can't wait to see your WIP pics!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Is that effects thread in the pillar on the left? It came out nicely - I can't imagine it was fun to work with, though!
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

sorbetsurprise
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by sorbetsurprise »

Yes it is effects thread, it has gold and silver in the project and it is horrible to work with as it splits and shreads so easily but it does give a really nice effect. I have found that using shorter lengths than I would in ordinary thread helps and to buy extra as there is a lot of wastage!

Sorry my picture is so big, I posted from my phone, I will try and resize next time.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I love how it looks so far! Can't wait to see more. :)
sorbetsurprise wrote:Yes it is effects thread, it has gold and silver in the project and it is horrible to work with as it splits and shreads so easily but it does give a really nice effect. I have found that using shorter lengths than I would in ordinary thread helps and to buy extra as there is a lot of wastage!
Can't repeat this enough on these boards : THREAD HEAVEN. It is magical stuff when working with the light effects thread so I really do recommend it!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

sorbetsurprise
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by sorbetsurprise »

Thanks for the recommendation, I am going to give the Thread Magic a go as I have a huge gold and silver effects moon to stitch and I I just know its going to be a pain in the bum. Here is a progress picture - a weeks work so far, I am getting a little bit bored of all the blue but it is keeping my hands busy. I am really glad that the main background is only half stitches!
Attachments
wip.png
wip.png (673.35 KiB) Viewed 5317 times

ambie719
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ambie719 »

Looks like its coming along great!