Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Wreck-it Ralph and Vanellope Costumes

non video game related projects...
BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Wreck-it Ralph and Vanellope Costumes

Post by BooChocoBoom »

I wasn't sure which thread this actually belongs in (since it is and is not related to video games?), so it is going here.
Since I've been MIA for a few months, I wasn't able to post these nearer to Halloween. The husband and I went to a party as Wreck-it Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz. It was totally fun making the costumes!

In progress shots:
ImageImageImageImage
I used some white leggings, fabric spray paint, fabric markers, and painters tape for her tights. I bought a mint green hoodie and used some bright pink yarn to alter it. I used a wooden heart, acrylic paint, and ribbon to make Ralph's heart cookie medallion.
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar

BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Wreck-it Ralph and Vanellope Costumes

Post by BooChocoBoom »

The finished products.

My hubs as Ralph:
I went out and found the overalls, orange polo, and green undershirt. Purchased a brown mullet wig and cut/styled it. We made the "wreck it" sign out of the printed font, poster board, and a dowel. The "you're my hero" medal was made as described above.
Me as Vanellope:
The tights and hoodie are as described above. I purchased the boots and hair ribbon (I couldn't find a really long licorice whip in time) and I already owned the skirt.
Finally found a closer shot of my hair (thanks FB!):
I hot glued a bunch of candy shaped ornaments to some hair clips as well as used a bunch of scrapbook sticky "jewels" to simulate all of the candy bits.
Me and my stinkbrain:
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar