Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

DQ's Current Craziness

non video game related projects...
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: DQ's Current Craziness (Captain WIP 9/29)

Post by QueenBex »

Ooooo looking good! Great colours on this :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

discoqueen
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by discoqueen »

Thanks ^^

The colors are the main thing that drew me to doing this. Besides the fact that it's Captain America.

The idea just seemed different, the vintage/muted color look. I think I'd have slower progress if it had been all bright colors that would kill my eyes worse. Or all the same or near same colors like the Elsa one that's next on my list.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Lots of progress! Looking good!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

discoqueen
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: DQ's Current Craziness (Captain WIP 10/15)

Post by discoqueen »

3rd page done finally
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: DQ's Current Craziness (Captain WIP 10/15)

Post by Firehawke »

Very nice!!! Keep up the great work!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

discoqueen
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: DQ's Current Craziness (Captain WIP 11/4)

Post by discoqueen »

Another page bites the dust. Just one more and that row set is done and I can scroll to another section.
Spoiler
Took me longer than I would have liked. Curse you addictive mobile games! /shakes fist

I might be ending up setting this aside for a brief bit starting Monday. Mum's having her biopsy done finally and I'd rather not drag a 30" frame and stitching supplies into the waiting room. But all these smaller pieces I've printed out for friends would fit perfectly in a bag so depending on how much I get through while waiting, I might just go ahead and finish the smaller piece before coming back to this.

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

It looks wonderful! :D

Also, I have been looking for a decent frame like the one you have...so, what kind do you have? Where did you get it? Do you like it? etc., etc.
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

discoqueen
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by discoqueen »

SunkistShiek wrote:It looks wonderful! :D

Also, I have been looking for a decent frame like the one you have...so, what kind do you have? Where did you get it? Do you like it? etc., etc.
It's called "The Original" Bill's Frame (though the listing titled it Needlework Bill's Frame for Home and Travel). I found it on eBay since the company I had messaged about buying one of their handmade frames never got back to me.
It's got actual nobs on the end and that basting fabric attached to it instead of those stupid split rails. So maybe one of these days I'll actually read up on how to use that fabric. Right now I've just tucked the fabric underneath the strips and rolled.

And I love it. So much easier to work with than a hoop and the 18" dowels I had been trying to use to keep all the excess fabric rolled up xD All I have to do is claim a certain end on the couch so I can prop it up with my knee on one side and the armrest on the other, as well as not encourage my cats to climb up between me and the armrest and I'm good to go.

Considering how big it is, it can be a bit hard to handle or store. Like in order to protect it from my furry babies I have to tuck half of it into a trashbag and cover the rest with one of my jackets. But so worth it considering how many large projects I'll need to use it for.

discoqueen
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: DQ's Current Craziness (Update 11/15)

Post by discoqueen »

Got most of the next page done. Just have to finish the background and the border.
Spoiler
I ended up setting it aside this past Monday though. Like I thought, it was going to be too much hassle taking it into the hospital waiting room xD
Had a hard enough time getting comfortable enough to work on some small pieces.
But they got done~
Well, the Sailor Moon silhouette got mostly done during those three or four hours. Just had to finish a bit of the crescent moon.
Spoiler
And then I decided to work on the Tuxedo Mask one so I could give both to a friend for Christmas. This one took all week since I got sidetracked with other things.
Spoiler

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: DQ's Current Craziness (Update 11/15)

Post by RMDC »

I love the SM and TM projects! :)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.