Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

yessamaca's WIPs

non video game related projects...
yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

yessamaca's WIPs

Post by yessamaca »

I guess it's time that I show some of what I'm working on. These aren't the best quality because I took them with my phone as quick as I could before the tiny people running around my house could find me.

This one is almost finished. I just need some beads that a dear friend is bringing to me when she returns from vacation. This one has been ongoing for 4+ years.
Spoiler
IMG_1008.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG (343.7 KiB) Viewed 5534 times
This one I've been working on for well over 5 years. I started it way back before we had kids and I had so much time on my hands. Progress has slowed down, but I still get a bit done now and again. Does anything else think the featureless face looks like something from that one episode of Doctor Who?
Spoiler
IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1010.JPG (292.63 KiB) Viewed 5534 times
This is one I just started. It's going to be a sorceress. I was drawn to it because of all the curly fire bits. My fingers are in the shot for perspective. I wanted to show a friend of mine the size of the stitches. She's thinking of taking up x-stitch as a new hobby!
Spoiler
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG (266.64 KiB) Viewed 5534 times
And this one is one I made for my mom. I found the pattern while looking for something to stitch on an iphone cover. The cover was giving me lip so I decided to just stitch this on aida instead because I liked the pattern so much. I giggled through the whole thing. My mom appreciated it as well.
Spoiler
IMG_0136.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG (301.26 KiB) Viewed 5534 times

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: yessamaca's WIPs

Post by Pyper »

Fantastic! I love the dragon. Is it from a kit or can you share a pattern?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

The dragon was a lot of fun to stitch. I got it from this book: http://www.amazon.com/Magical-Cross-Sti ... 0715324578 There are 2 others in there. This one is the Dragon of the Mountains. There's also Dragon of the Seas and Dragon of the Clouds. They are all beautiful. I have never done backstitching that was so satisfying as the scales on this one. The others I posted are also from this book (aside from Chuck Norris). Totally worth the $15 on Amazon. The ones they show on the Look Inside feature on Amazon are not my favorite patterns, though.

The Sorceress, Earth Goddess, and Fairy Queen can be seen here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/90205355/g ... oss-stitch I kitted those 3 on my last trip to the States. :)

Some naughty person has put the Dragon of the Clouds pattern on pinterest.

This post shows a picture of Wizard Magic as well, which is another of my favorites from that book; http://claire93.wordpress.com/2011/01/0 ... ss-stitch/

And now I've gotten completely distracted reading other posts from that last one I linked.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

That dragon is awesome, and I see what you mean about the featureless face being from Doctor Who! I'm looking forward to seeing how the sorceress turns out, the fire bits look great so far.
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

The Chuck Norris one is adorable and funny. And yes, I see the Doctor Who thing in the blank face as well.

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the Doctor Who thing. I think I'll stitch the features last. :)

The sorceress is a lot of fun. I don't think I've used 18ct aida before. It's a bit of a challenge and definitely a workout for my eyes. We've started watching Firefly for the first time and that's my new stitching show. Seems to fit well with all the fire I've been stitching.

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

yessamaca wrote:Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the Doctor Who thing. I think I'll stitch the features last. :)

The sorceress is a lot of fun. I don't think I've used 18ct aida before. It's a bit of a challenge and definitely a workout for my eyes. We've started watching Firefly for the first time and that's my new stitching show. Seems to fit well with all the fire I've been stitching.

I have done that sorceress just need to frame her :) I have the fairy queen ongoing at the moment and the earth goddess waiting for me to start her. I even have the stuff ready to start the wizard magic. One of my fav cross stitch books. Pinched it from my mother so I could do pretty much everything in there.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

Hellfire wrote:
yessamaca wrote:Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the Doctor Who thing. I think I'll stitch the features last. :)

I have done that sorceress just need to frame her :) I have the fairy queen ongoing at the moment and the earth goddess waiting for me to start her. I even have the stuff ready to start the wizard magic. One of my fav cross stitch books. Pinched it from my mother so I could do pretty much everything in there.
I spent some time trying to decide which of the 3 women to stitch first. I looked at all those flowers on the earth goddess and, after all the flowers on sleeping beauty, I just couldn't stand to start that one yet. :) I haven't come across another book yet with so many patterns I want to stitch. I so enjoy stitching flowing robes.

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

I do love the designs in that book. The only thing with the three that I found is with the queen. The colours are quite similar, gets a bit boring after a while. I haven't done any of her since I was at uni, been home 2 years now. Maybe I need to get her out again. The deciding factor for me was what colours I had.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.