Rhaben's Projects

non video game related projects...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Rhaben's Projects

Post by Firehawke »

It looks fantastic!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Meet Merlin the Gray Squirrel. I decided to experiment with this one. I wanted his coat to look natural, so I blended three colors at a time for most of his coat. The tail is done with "turkey work", which was a new stitch for me.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Amazing! Really love the look that the blended colours give :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Thank you! I liked it so much I'm using it again on a fox I'm working on (several shades of russet on his body). I designed him with a cross stitched tail, but after seeing how well this one turned out, I think I'm going to make his tail like this one.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

He's adorable...LOVE the tail!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

rhaben wrote:Thank you! I liked it so much I'm using it again on a fox I'm working on (several shades of russet on his body). I designed him with a cross stitched tail, but after seeing how well this one turned out, I think I'm going to make his tail like this one.
Lovely, I can't wait to see it!

Blending colours is often overlooked, but can be really effective - I'm so glad to see a fantastic example of it being used!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

Thank you both! I have a feeling I'll be blending colors more often for my animals now. It looks so much better. My daughter (who is skilled in embroidery) was happy to see what I'm doing. We both want me to make a gray fox using blended colors. Gray foxes are the native fox to North America and I raised a litter of them when my daughter was 10, so needless to say, we have a HUGE attachment to them.

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

This is "turkey work" the stitch I used for the squirrel's tail. This is for my next piece, a red fox. I decided to make two versions of his tail after seeing how well the squirrel's tail came out.
Here are the pieces awaiting assembly (the other version of the tail is in this pic)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love seeing it in pieces...can't wait to see it assembled, especially the tail!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

You can really see how much work has gone into it when it's all laid out like that. It's awesome to see the pieces, too! :D