TigerLily's Projects- Creeper Hat and Scarf Sets Pg.5

non video game related projects...
TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Projects- TNG Jumper Update Mar. 24th

Post by TigerLily »

Firehawke wrote:Looking very cute!
I hate it when things roll because I've been using stockinet stitch...but the finished look is worth it!
Thanks Firehawke! I agree that it's definitely worth the little bit of hassle. Because of the rolling issue, that's why I felt the need to add a rib to the bottom of the sleeve. I know the uniform doesn't have a rib there, but I would rather see a rib than a rolling up sleeve. Can't let my Captain have a sloppy uniform. :D

One sleeve down, one to go! I had to rip the top part 3 times. The chart I had originally made didn't give the correct shape to the black portion. I had to keep ripping and retrying until I got the right shape. But I am very happy with it now. I lightly sewed it onto the armhole to make sure everything lined up well and all that jazz, and it has just made me even more excited to finish. I'm about a quarter of the way done with the second sleeve, but I won't post any pictures of that since really you've already seen it. :P
Oh, and I had to use my notebook to pin down the top so it wasn't rolling, sorry about that.

Now that I am closer to finishing, I've also started thinking of how I am going to get the collar to look right. I have a few ideas floating around in my head, but I won't start planning them out too much until I am a good bit closer. I'm just happy that this sleeve should go faster now that I know what I'm doing for the black part at the top. :)

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

I think I'm more excited about seeing this completed than I am about completing my own projects!! Loving the sleeve, and the ribbed cuf looks great.
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

lcockitt wrote:I think I'm more excited about seeing this completed than I am about completing my own projects!!
Well, you may be in luck soon! I finished the second sleeve in my knitting club tonight! Now I've just got to sew it all up and try out my ideas for the collar. I'm hoping to have it fully completed by the weekend. We shall see.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's wonderful! Good luck with the collar!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Projects- TNG Jumper DONE Mar. 31

Post by TigerLily »

It's done! I ended up getting sick on Wednesday so I couldn't do as much as I wanted. I was going to crochet a little combadge for the picture but I just didn't have the energy. I'm so happy I finished it though.
A shot of the front:
And a shot of the back:

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

That is so incredibly fantastic. If I thought I could afford it, I'd be seriously tempted to commission one off you.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

:clap: Love it!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I really like what you've done with the collar, it works really well.
Eliste wrote:That is so incredibly fantastic. If I thought I could afford it, I'd be seriously tempted to commission one off you.
x2
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Beautiful work!!! You should be really proud!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Thanks everyone! I really couldn't be happier with it. Once I'm done with a few more things I'll get some blue and make myself a science one.

My current projects aren't anything cool like this. Just a simple crochet jumper to use up some extra yarn and a stripey crochet blanket for an elderly gentleman my mom works with. I need to hurry those so I can do more fun stuff. :grin:

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Wow! It was good before, but seeing it all done, it's really incredible! :thumbsup: :clapping:
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.