Re: TigerLily's Projects- TNG Jumper DONE Mar. 31

Post by TigerLily »

Thanks RMDC. I really am so happy with the finished product. :D

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Projects- The Hero Yoshihiko Dolls

Post by TigerLily »

I started a project almost a full year ago. We had started watching this show: The Hero Yoshihiko and the Demon King's Castle and then afterward The Hero Yoshihiko and the Key of the Evil Spirit. If you haven't watched this show, I think you should. A lot of it pokes fun of a game I love- Dragon Quest and other RPG stuff. It even has some of the same monsters. It is just so fun.

Anyway, shortly after watching the series, I wanted to crochet some little dolls of the main characters. Unfortunately I was really busy so I had to put it off for quite a while. And then during the process things kept happening that made me put them on hold.

But finally! After just under a year I have put the finishing touches on them! I am so happy they are done, and to me, they were worth the wait.

Here is the full party. Mereb got caught in the shadows, oops.
The Hero, Yoshihiko:
The Warrior, Danjo:
Murasaki (She's more based on the second series than the first becasue I prefer her hair in it.):
The Wizard, Mereb:
Just a close-up view of Murasaki's Cloak:
And a close-up view of Danjo's skirts:

I wanted to also make Yoshihiko's sister, Hisa, and the Buddah, but haven't had the chance. Hopefully I'll be able to add them, but just to have the four main party members done makes me happy.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Beautiful work!!! Love the cloak and the skirt!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Thanks Firehawke!

I just realized that I had forgotten to add a picture from the show... just in case some people don't know what I'm going on about. :)

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Projects- Creeper Hat and Scarf Sets

Post by TigerLily »

As Christmas gifts, I was asked if I could make three of my boyfriend's cousins each a Minecraft hat and scarf set. (The other two boys got Leinster rugby hat and scarf sets. Not sure if you guys and gals would be interested in seeing those.) I figured that the easiest way to get them all done in time for Christmas would be to make something relatively simple and make them all the same. So, I made a chart of the Creeper's face on the computer and worked it out. I used the same chart for the scarves as I did for the hats to make it even simpler.

The scarves are double sided, so no floats or unwoven ends are visible. I basically worked both sides simultaneously, working in st-st with a reverse st in the centre to give it a nice fold. Then I sewed up the unconnected side when I was done knitting. Instead of sewing up the short ends, I just used the tassels to connect each side.

One of the sets:

A single scarf by itself:
Spoiler
The hat flat:
Spoiler
The hat folded:
Spoiler
A pile of Creeper scarves:
Spoiler
The boyfriend suggested that instead of tassels, I find a way to make it so there were redstone torches hanging from the ends. I loved the idea and wanted to incorporate it somehow. I also wanted a way that you could differentiate which scarf was which so as not to cause any disagreements. For this, I wanted three separate coloured tassels so that I could place them in a different order on each scarf. One starts the row with green, one starts with black and the other starts with redstone. This way they don't need to measure them each time to determine whose is whose. Here is a close-up of the bottom so you can see my 'redstone torches'.

{I used spoiler tags on some of the pictures just so the post wouldn't be soooo long with pictures.}

BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: TigerLily's Projects- Creeper Hat and Scarf Sets Pg.5

Post by BooChocoBoom »

Is there anything you can't do with those needles? Seriously great and professional looking work!
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Projects- Creeper Hat and Scarf Sets Pg.5

Post by TigerLily »

Thank you BooChocoBoom, the boys loved them, so I'm happy. :)