Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

TigerLily's Projects- Creeper Hat and Scarf Sets Pg.5

non video game related projects...
StitchWitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: TigerLily's Random Projects

Post by StitchWitch »

Forgive me for asking a foolish question, but what is a jumper? Like a sweater?

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

StitchWitch wrote:Forgive me for asking a foolish question, but what is a jumper? Like a sweater?
Sorry, not a foolish question at all. After a while of living in Ireland I found it easier to use the same words that everyone else over here uses. :P And you got it, Jumper = Sweater.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

TigerLily wrote: Thanks! I'm using Stylecraft Life DK on 4mm needles. The colour of the red is called 'Cardinal' (Shade 2306 if you're looking for it).
:shock: Crikey, how fast do you knit?! I started a chunky jumper on 6.5mm needles, and had about 3 inches after a couple of weeks!! (That jumper is being frogged, as I didn't like how it was looking. I'm hunting for a new pattern for the wool this weekend)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

lcockitt wrote:
TigerLily wrote: Thanks! I'm using Stylecraft Life DK on 4mm needles. The colour of the red is called 'Cardinal' (Shade 2306 if you're looking for it).
:shock: Crikey, how fast do you knit?! I started a chunky jumper on 6.5mm needles, and had about 3 inches after a couple of weeks!! (That jumper is being frogged, as I didn't like how it was looking. I'm hunting for a new pattern for the wool this weekend)
It's less how fast I knit and more how much time I have on my hands, haha. I'm not properly employed at the moment. Just the odd knitting or crochet order, so I spend most of the day knitting/crocheting and playing games. (Plus I do tend to go a little quicker when I am reeeeaaally excited about a project. hehe)

Actually I have to take a mini break from the jumper for a couple of days because I have an order for two crochet dolls. Hopefully I'll get them done nice and quick so I can get back on track. With any luck it will only be a one day break. :)

StitchWitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by StitchWitch »

Thank you. In MN "jumpers" are the cables every one needs in their trunk in case their car won't start. I figured out it is clothing because of the context. Nice work and I hope those dolls go fast for you!

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

It's been so long since I've used jumper cables (haven't had a car since I moved over here 4 years ago) I almost completely forgot that they existed, haha.

The dolls are done, so I can get back on track, or Trek, tomorrow.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Here's a little WIP shot. I took this when I started the armhole shaping. As of right now, the shaping is done and I've just to keep working straight. I can't wait to get to the black for the shoulders. :)

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Random Projects- TNG Jumper Update #3

Post by TigerLily »

I finished the front a couple days ago and I've started on the back. (I know, typically you're supposed to do the back first, but I was too excited since the front is more recognizable, haha.)
Here is a picture of the finished front. The colours look a little bit off in this picture because of the lighting. The red is actually a lot nicer than this. Also, the sides are rolling in, so you can't really see the black stripes up the sides too well.

I'll have to wait to get a picture of the start of the back. It's too short and it keeps rolling up on the needles, making it impossible to get a decent shot of it. Hopefully soon though. To give you an idea, at the right side where the black changes to red and the point meets the right side... that's where I am on the back.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Wow, it's looking great! And knitting up quickly!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

Wow, this is amazing. I can't wait to see it finished!
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA