Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Who Scarves!

non video game related projects...
Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Who Scarves!

Post by Knittenkitten »

If you have any more questions about knitting, there is a person on youtube that does a very good job at explaining things in my opinion. Just search for VeryPink Knits and it should pop up. If you can't find her there are a lot of videos on youtube that explain knitting.
WIPs:
LoZ:LTTP Map (page 13 of 15)
Save the Stitches Blackwork
Frederick the Literate Kit
Butterfly Scroll Kit
Rainbow Gallery's Specialty Stitch Alphabet

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Started my Season 14 scarf on Monday. Not the greatest looking one ever, but I'm saying it's just "well-worn". Took this picture earlier today. Did a little bit more since then.

Also, they have this cool counter thingie you can show your progress with here

~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I love the counter! Man, now I wish there was a script to work with .PATs or .STHs to make a counter like that for cross stitch projects as well.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Can't believe I haven't commented on these earlier - they're all awesome! I love the counter as well, such a good idea. Must resist urge to join in with Whovian scarf knitting...
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Been working pretty steadily on this, and I do believe, by George, I'm getting better at knitting. Somehow I added 10 extra stitches near the beginning, so in the large olive/green section, I subtracted those, since it's already a bit wide. Due to this, it looks a bit weird, but I haven't added any since, so I'm happy.

~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

It looks good, even with the wide part. You recovered well. I had the same problem on the first one I made, but caught the error after I had added one extra stitch.

I finished my third scarf! Now I have lots of extra yarn. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I may make matching mittens.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

The scarf looks great!!! It can be really easy to add stitches...better to add than to drop, though!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

That scarf is looking awesome!
I'm slowly chugging along with my scarfblankie, I've watched all of The Last Avatar and Legend of Korra, and am working my way through Scrubs. Knitting this behemoth goes a lot faster watching/listening to shows!

this thing is going to be more of a blanket than a scarf - though the wool I was using has been discontinued, and I know i'll need more.. which all the colours are gone off the shelves of course. :/ No big, just continue with the patter, then i'll just bind off when I finish all the wool.

The mouse is for size comparison - i'm not even 1/3 through the pattern yet.. I thinkn it'll end up being a good lap blankie for the car though. :)
IMG_6513.JPG
IMG_6513.JPG (210.89 KiB) Viewed 5921 times
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

rhaben
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by rhaben »

It looks beautiful! I love the colors.

I wore my scarf to Wal-Mart today and the cashier (he's a fan boy and we talk all the time about our shows) asked me how much I would charge to knit a scarf. When I figured the hours it took me and told him a number, his answer was a soft "oh..." I've told him he can buy commercial ones, but he really likes mine.

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

rhaben wrote:It looks beautiful! I love the colors.

I wore my scarf to Wal-Mart today and the cashier (he's a fan boy and we talk all the time about our shows) asked me how much I would charge to knit a scarf. When I figured the hours it took me and told him a number, his answer was a soft "oh..." I've told him he can buy commercial ones, but he really likes mine.

I've seen the commercial ones... bleh. imo i'd rather pay/buy and knit for a properly done one, not a commercial/machine knitted one.
There's always payment installments haha!

And thanks! it's so squooshy, it'll be incredibly warm when winter comes - depending on how long it ends up I may make it into a shawl to wear while i'm in class in winter (classes will be held in buildings that are edging on 180-200 years old, which is really really old for australia lol. really high ceilings and not much in the way of insulation.)

I'll probably be putting it to the side for a little bit though - it's nearing birthday season,and i'm going to knit my niece a teddybear, my bff is getting a pullover vest, and i've got another niece/nephew due in august, so there's a nice blankie and maybe also teddy for them, too. I've already got the yarn for the blankie - it's a yellow and white variegated cotton mix. :) I need to go get more though, I don't think 3 balls will be enough. Though if the bears are easy and quick enough to knit,. I think everyone will be getting one this year haha. Nothing wrong with a teddy!

I'm saving up my paypal earnings to hopefully get the wool I want for the Baker Scarf in the next few months, too.
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon