Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

BigDaddyWiz's NVPs (Bleach Bib)

non video game related projects...
BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: BigDaddyWiz's NVPs (Update Dr. Seuss)

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

RMDC wrote:That's so awesome! :D
Thanks! This project was relatively simple to create and stitch but it meant a lot to my Sis. I recently aquired Dr. Suess fabric at Joann Fabric so hopefully I can turn it into a pillow or Taggy in the near future!

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

When I saw natepopinski's Kofola project it inspired me to finally make a stitch Ive been wanting to do for my favorite fall beer. Its basically a slice of drinkable pumpkin pie. If you havent had a Southern Tier Pumking, and youre of appropriate drinking age, I highly recommend it! In my area, Pittsburgh, you pretty much have to get on a waiting list around late July as it sells out almost immediately. You can usually score a glass or two at the local bars though throughout the fall.
Long Live The King!
Long Live The King!
Pumking.jpg (402.65 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
Pumking2.jpg
Pumking2.jpg (217.62 KiB) Viewed 6417 times
Plus, I needed a break from my swap projects (I got over 10,000 stitches into those) and I personally think its a pretty cool Halloweeny pumpkin logo!

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

BigDaddyWiz wrote:When I saw natepopinski's Kofola project it inspired me to finally make a stitch Ive been wanting to do for my favorite fall beer. Its basically a slice of drinkable pumpkin pie. If you havent had a Southern Tier Pumking, and youre of appropriate drinking age, I highly recommend it! In my area, Pittsburgh, you pretty much have to get on a waiting list around late July as it sells out almost immediately. You can usually score a glass or two at the local bars though throughout the fall.
I don't drink beer at all, but if it really tastes like a pumpkin pie, I would give it a try. I've never seen it around here, but I have seen pumpkin ales around October.

As for the stitching, it looks great! :D
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: BigDaddyWiz's NVPs (Pumking)

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

My History of Cross Stitching.
Well I originally learned how to do it in Middle School. I made a few kit items for a required Home Economics class as me and the sewing machine didnt quite get along. I did a couple kits during High School and College. I had a Halloween book that I enjoyed making things from. I eventually stopped because I HATED backstitch and was bored of kits (basically making what I considered "Old People Stitches" :P) . Eventually I forgot all about Cross Stitching, and misplaced all my stitch stuff. Then about 2 years ago I found a bag with my books and an unfinished Father Christmas stitch (I had finished the cross stitch and stopped because of the tons of backstitch). Well seeing it sparked my interest once again with cross stitch. I didnt want to do a kit, I wanted to do something I liked. I really like Harry Potter so I searched for HP cross stitches on the internets. I found LittleMojos Hogwarts Crest and was sold instantly! It resparked my cross stitch bug. I finished it in a couple months and immediatly wanted to do a video game stitch. I once again consulted the internet and found Sprite Stitch. I was amazed at the things I saw. I never imagined cross stitch could be so cool! The things people were, and still are creating, stunned me. I lurked for a year reading up on the tips in the techniques/Guides forum, and started making my own patterns. I only bring all this up because I finally framed and hung the Hogwarts Crest! It is now the only thing Ive ever made to make it from the darkness of my closet to the walls of my house!
I changed the colors of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw to what I thought more closely matched them
I changed the colors of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw to what I thought more closely matched them
HPCrest.jpg (230.67 KiB) Viewed 6370 times
Now I pretty much always have atleast one project going. Thanks LittleMojo and the Sprite Stitch Community! (I still cant bring myself to finish the backstitch on Father Christmas....)

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: BigDaddyWiz's NVPs (Hogwarts Crest)

Post by yafashelli »

Very nicely done! Congratulations on your finish! :)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It looks wonderful!!!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that learned, then stopped, then picked up the hobby at a later date!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

Thanks!

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

Last year around this time I made Robot Santa from Futurama. I wanted to do another similar ornament so I stitched the following.
You Shouldve Gotten a Snack
You Shouldve Gotten a Snack
GhostofChristmasPastFromTheFuture.jpg (153.3 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future. He is a favorite character of mine from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He's about 2in by 3.5in

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: BigDaddyWiz's NVPs (Ghost of Xmas Past From The Future)

Post by Kareesh »

Love it! I think I may need to watch through those again.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: BigDaddyWiz's NVPs (Ghost of Xmas Past From The Future)

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

Thanks! show has a lot of great side characters and quotes! :D