Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

My Disney projects

non video game related projects...
scarlet
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: My Disney projects

Post by scarlet »

Ok, so as I said in a previous post, I started on a small Disney Dreams kit while I'm living abroad for a few months. This is the 5X7 Beauty and the Beast kit. I will start working on Ariel again as soon as I get home, this Fall. I miss her a lot. I renamed my post because all of my planned cross stitch projects are Disney right now so I will just keep them all in one thread as I work on them.

So far I have finished stitching Beast. I made one mistake, the row on his back had to be ripped out and moved up one. I realized this when I started the background. This kit is super tedious! It has all kinds of stitches in it that I have not done in any other kit or pattern before like 1/4 stitch and 3/4 stitch. Also there are squares where half of the stitch is one color and half the stitch another (so you make a whole stitch using 4 1/4 stitches).
Spoiler

Philpepe
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Philpepe »

sheesh! the one I'm working on now is mostly half stitches and that alone is almost enough to make me want to stop working on it. I can't even imagine all that.

Beast does look good though :good:
Current Projects: Crocheting stuff, writing letters, cross stitching stuff oh, and making beer!

The Needle Artist
My Deviantart

scarlet
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by scarlet »

Finally found some time to stitch a little bit. You can see the foot stool dog, he is my nine year old's favorite!
Spoiler

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

I like it!
Image Image Image Image

scarlet
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by scarlet »

Got Cogsworth (and some boring terrace floor) done! Moving on to Mrs. Potts and Chip next.
Spoiler

scarlet
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by scarlet »

Has anybody finished one of the large Disney Dream kits? Do they use a lot of 1/4 and 3/4 stitches in the pattern? I'm going to finish this Beauty and the Beast one that I'm working on but I just don't love the effect of putting so much detail into such a small space that I need to use 1/4 and 3/4 stitches to do so... It doesn't have as clean of a look as using full stitches for the whole design in my opinion. If the big ones have a lot of 1/4 and 3/4 stitches, I'm going to take them off of my future cross stitching project wish list.

stitchingmama
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by stitchingmama »

I have the large beauty & the beast kit and there are large areas with full stitches but then there will be an area with lots of 3/4 & 1/4 stitches. Also I find the pattern a little bit too small to read so its hard to distinguish the 3/4 from 1/4 stitches.
"I need to feel your cross stitch. Feels like 8-bit" - my three year old

bulbasaur
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by bulbasaur »

I was gonna buy that exact BatB kit except as a latch hook! Nice to see it in action! I'm excited to see the final project.