Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Hogwarts Wedding Gift -- COMPLETE w/ PICS!

non video game related projects...
qu33nofspades
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Hogwarts Wedding Gift -- COMPLETE w/ PICS!

Post by qu33nofspades »

So, I made a post elsewhere asking for suggestions for a wedding gift to make for my friends... someone suggested modifying the Hogwarts crest, since the bridge & groom and their wedding party (which I'm in) are dressing in their individual House colors according to Pottermore. I went googling and found the Hogwarts crest pattern by the (apparently MIA?) littlemojo, and I figure I can alter it slightly to be more wedding appropriate... I'll be posting pics as I go. ^_^

Pen is there for size comparison. Maybe as I continue this project, my boyfriend the photography fanatic will take some better pictures for me. My cameraphone just isn't working out...
Last edited by qu33nofspades on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shazbang
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Hogwarts Crest Wedding Gift

Post by Shazbang »

Ooh that was my suggestion! I can't wait to see how it turns out!! =D
http://reeree6924.deviantart.com/

Current Projects:
- Dimensions Tiger Kit
- Disney Dreams Beauty and the Beast 5x7 kit (Up to the back stitching and french knots. Yuck.)
- Assorted small magnets to invade my fridge with

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

it's looking good so far! Can't wait for more progress pics :D
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

qu33nofspades
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by qu33nofspades »

Not as much progress as I would like... This was the first time I ever attempted to grid the fabric I was working on, and I screwed it up, which meant a whole weekend's worth of work was two stitches to the left too far... so I had to pull all that out... and then the couple it's for paid a surprise visit this past weekend, so of course I couldn't work on it while they were around :secret:

Also, SO much thanks to Laialda for correcting the House colors on her own project... While I'm familiar with the Potterverse, I definitely never would have noticed that Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff's colors were switched... which would have been a fatal mistake, given that the bride's a Hufflepuff!

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

It's looking good! It sucks being off, and it looks like yours was a good 5 to 8 rows off which is really sucky!! Good thing you noticed it early and not further into the project when unpicking would have been a HUGE pain!

qu33nofspades
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by qu33nofspades »

SofaraStarfyre wrote:It's looking good! It sucks being off, and it looks like yours was a good 5 to 8 rows off which is really sucky!! Good thing you noticed it early and not further into the project when unpicking would have been a HUGE pain!
Turns out I was only two rows off, but I had three columns of ten that as a whole were two rows off... so yeah, THAT was fun... So far I had only done the 310, so it wasn't earth-shattering... hopefully with some time the marks that won't be hidden will fade...

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Soaking the fabric when you're done might help, as the fibers will plump up some when wet so it might help to minimize the places where you stitched before that might not get covered. I don't know for certain whether it will help but it could possibly.

qu33nofspades
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by qu33nofspades »

Looks like all the leftover marks from what I had to pull out have slowly but surely kind of just... rubbed off. I'll probably still soak it when I'm done, as was suggested to me, but it looks like everything will be just fine. ^_^

Been crawling along this week, but still making good progress, despite taking a break to work on my SAL sampler band. :)

Considering doing all of the black stitching and then filling in colors like a coloring book.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

It's looking good.

qu33nofspades
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by qu33nofspades »

I stitched for ten hours yesterday and realized two things:

(1) I should have had some better light, and
(2) I should not have stitched for ten hours straight.

Image[/URL]

I may have to take a break for a couple of days... such a headache every time I look at the fabric... or read... or do anything besides close my eyes, heh. :cool:

I'm happy to see the Gryffindor and Slytherin symbols peeking out, though. The top part of the snake was a lot of fun to do, so I'm looking forward to doing the rest of it.

Soooo tired of 310. O.o