Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

LEGO Sculptures by Loserkid5150 *UPDATED

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
johloh
Site Admin

Re: Various NES LEGO art by Loserkid5150

Post by johloh »

totally amazing! great work, and great photos!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

Hahaha these are awesome!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

im curious...you said you sold some at a indie craft show...how much do you sell them for? I'm curious if indie shows are better than sites like say etsy...
(youre up on the blog now too btw) :wiz
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by loserkid5150 »

johloh wrote:im curious...you said you sold some at a indie craft show...how much do you sell them for? I'm curious if indie shows are better than sites like say etsy...
(youre up on the blog now too btw) :wiz
Thanks Johloh I just noticed it that's really awesome I'm so delighted, thank you. I've been away for a bit hopefully I'll have some more stuff to show soon.

To your question: With my experience of going to craft shows and checking out Etsy it's pretty much the same deal with regards to price tags. Obviously at a craft show you don't have to pay a shipping charges but that's about the only perk you get. Also everyone vending at the craft shows have Etsy accounts anyway and it looks like they charge the same amount. And regarding 8-bit it's the same thing. It's can be pricey. My girlfriend and I went to Renegade in San Fransisco in July and there was one guy with Nintendo figurine hair clips and magnets made out of Shrinky Dinks for $22 and up.

Personally I try to give good deals. At the craft show I sold some Mario and Pacman ghosts for cheap, because I built them from old Lego bricks I had lying around the house. But just within this year the price for Lego bricks have gone up drastically. I'm actually in the process of creating an Etsy account for these sculptures and I'm doing all I can to keep costs low. I'm buying Lego bricks used and trying to find them at yard sales or at thrift stores.

Sorry for rambling on.

And thanks again to everyone who commented. I appreciate it.

Dragoniron7
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Dragoniron7 »

have you ever thought about doing marvel charactures? like Ironman? :grin:

kdrosas
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by kdrosas »

Wow these are awesome. I would love to make one or two for my son's Mario and Zelda nursery. I have some pixel art using pieces of contruction paper, and a x-stitch and framed nintendo cartridges. If you are willing to share, what size legos did you use? It looks like instead of a true pixel by pixel there are different size ones.

:)

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by loserkid5150 »

kdrosas wrote:Wow these are awesome. I would love to make one or two for my son's Mario and Zelda nursery. I have some pixel art using pieces of contruction paper, and a x-stitch and framed nintendo cartridges. If you are willing to share, what size legos did you use? It looks like instead of a true pixel by pixel there are different size ones.

:)
A Mario and Zelda nursery sounds pretty cool. But yeah I do an exact pixel count for all my characters, but if a character looks a little off it is because the Lego bricks have a more rectangular shape to them as oppose to the square shape of a pixel. And I use 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 etc. So the 1x2 bricks turned to the side are the individual pixels. I hope I explained it correctly.

Oh and to Dragoniron7 I have thought about doing other characters but I stick with 8-bit so if there's some 8-bit Iron Man pictures then I could work something out. I am aware of one Avengers NES game but I haven't taken any sprite shots of it lately.

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: UPDATE 8bit LEGO Sculptures by Loserkid5150

Post by loserkid5150 »

Here are some old ones I posted on one (now) deleted thread so I can just keep all my stuff together in one place. So again here's Lakitu from Super Mario Bros and the Bubble Man portrait I made in higher quality. I made some brand new sculptures and I'll be posting those real soon.

nyami
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: UPDATED 8bit LEGO Sculptures by Loserkid5150

Post by nyami »

Bub! I love Bub! This looks rockin!