Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

LEGO Sculptures by Loserkid5150 *UPDATED

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: LEGO Sculptures by Loserkid5150 *UPDATED (Goomba)

Post by loserkid5150 »

To: Stardrifter & Caiella

Thank you very much. I'm glad people still check them out and I appreciate you two taking the time to comment. Hopefully I'll have something new to post in the coming days/weeks. I've been busy with other projects.

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: LEGO Sculptures by Loserkid5150 *UPDATED

Post by loserkid5150 »

Finally got around to making a new character. Personally I don't play Final Fantasy but I know a lot of people do and hopefully will enjoy this one: The Red Mage from the original Final Fantasy game. It took a couple of hours to build, mostly due to gluing ever single brick together.

Height: 9 1/2in
Width: 5 1/2in

Last edited by loserkid5150 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by loserkid5150 »

Link from The Legend of Zelda in sword attack pose. Height:6in, Width: 8in. His sword is only being held up with E6000 glue and not with any LEGO bricks. And no it won't fall off, lol. It's perfectly glued and stable to hold.

Last edited by loserkid5150 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by loserkid5150 »

Small easy project: Koopa Shell from Super Mario Bros. Height: about 5in, Width: 5in

johloh
Site Admin

Re: LEGO Sculptures by Loserkid5150 *UPDATED (Koopa Shell)

Post by johloh »

great work as usual, what do you do with all these? do you have them on some sort of display?
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Skels
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Skels »

I like these a lot. If I lived on my own I would set up some sort of display.

I saw your shop on Etsy a few weeks ago and thought how cool it was. I had a tonne of lego back home, but recently emigrated to the other side of the planet and foolishly didn't bring any with me. I'd totally be building giant lego sprites right now otherwise. :grin:

As with my beads, your lego pixels are slightly rectangular rather than square. Do you ever find that this stops you effectively copying the original pixel layout? If so, do you modify the design or just not bother? I really struggle with this.
~Skels

Shop - Facebook - Twitter

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by loserkid5150 »

@ johloh I sell them on my Etsy store. I do have bigger plans in the near future and I'll share them once it comes all together.

@ Skels Yeah they do have a rectangular shape to them rather than a square. It does irritate me, because I want them to look perfect but I just move on, because there's nothing I can do. Also the fact that they're made from LEGO, I think, helps with the "novelty" of the product. A couple of other things that make me mad is that LEGO don't come in a variety of colors and they are expensive. I've been trying to think of other outlets of creating these pieces but I can never think of a good substitute that's as effective or as easy to build with. Maybe one day I'll venture out to other materials but for now LEGO is what I use.

Thank you both for checking it out.

Skels
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Skels »

loserkid5150 wrote: A couple of other things that make me mad is that LEGO don't come in a variety of colors and they are expensive.
I hear that! Even more so over here in Australia. All I wanted was the small Millenium Falcon for my desk at work, and it was 80bux!!!! :shock:

There are too many custom parts though in modern lego kits. That's why I find your work so appealing - making awesome things out of the traditional bits.
~Skels

Shop - Facebook - Twitter

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

loserkid5150 wrote: Also the fact that they're made from LEGO, I think, helps with the "novelty" of the product.
yeah i think people like your sculptures because they are lego, I know thats what makes it for me.

The price of legos has always been the downside. its a bummer.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by loserkid5150 »

I invest a lot of time and money into these things so it's good to see when people appreciate that; thank you guys.

I've been in a Super Mario Bros mood lately, so here's Spiny from the original game and I have a few more SMB sculptures coming up soon.
He's about 5 inches wide and tall.