Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Harry Potter Butterbeer

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Harry Potter Butterbeer

Post by Laialda »

Alright, so this one is a bit far fetched to be considered video game related I suppose but I thought I'd share it with you guys here. Anyway, I started the project of making my own butterbeer labels to put on cream soda bottles ages ago and created this:

It's a modification of an existing company's cream soda label that I found online and thought the color scheme would work well for my needs. So this was produced after much photoshoping of the original label (which unless asked for I won't bother with posting). After I finished this label I had the idea of maybe making and bottling butterbeer myself. I have a shop not too far away from where I live that sells brewing equipment so it seemed like a good idea. ^_^ After scouring many, many, MANY online sites for recipes I printed out my top 10 or so I thought might work and then subject my roommates to a night of taste testing to see what we liked. Several test and adjustments later I deemed my current standing recipe and now finished bottle:

Ta da! ^_^ This is best when served cold as I've made a separate recipe for hot butterbeer (mainly cause the hot one involves milk and that does not have a long shelf life >.<). Everyone is welcome to use my labels (I can link a higher quality one if it's needed) and if anyone is interested in my recipe, which I will warn you does contain alcohol on par with a wine cooler type drink, let me know and i'll post that too. Thanks for checking it out and sharing in my geekdom ^.^
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

johloh
Site Admin

Re: Harry Potter Butterbeer

Post by johloh »

cool!

I'd be interested to see the recipe...I've done a bit of brewing myself, and will be setting up a new production system when we move into our new house this summer...
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Laialda »

Well, it's not anything fancy like brewing real beer, partially on part because I don't like beer >.<. As such, anyone can make it as long as they have a microwave really. Anywho, here's the recipe for ya:

3c Cream Soda
1/4c Spiced Rum (I use Capt. Morgans)
1/4c Honey (Clover)
3tbsp Butter schnapps
2tbsp Butterscotch Syrup

-Pour honey and butterscotch syrup into medium sized microwavable bowl. Heat on high for approx. 60-90 sec or until thin and runny.
-Mix in rum and schnapps thoroughly.
-Slowly mix in Cream Soda.
-Makes 2 glasses/bottles worth.

I've found that even my sister who hates all alcohol (and says she can taste it no matter what) can't taste it in this but be forewarned that this is sweet, it's supposed to be sweet and taste like butterscotch (I can't drink more then a bottle at a time personally unless I'm drinking it while eating something salty, it goes very well with that). If you find it too sweet for your liking then you can try adding more rum to bring it down but, that will obviously raise the alcohol content. Also with adding rum, note that a little will go along way to bring down the sweetness of the drink so I'd only add 1 tbsp at a time. So yes, enjoy! ^_^
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

butter schnaps? who knew? I'll give this a whirl.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

sarahex
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by sarahex »

What's the difference between the adult harry potter books and the regular ones? its just ive been wondering since forever what's the difference, i have harry potter and the sorcerers stone (adult version) on hold at the library but its already been almost 7 months...and im just wondering.
Last edited by sarahex on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

The only difference is the cover. They changed it so that adults wouldn't be embarrassed reading a children's book on the train.
Image Image Image Image

jeala
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by jeala »

These are awesome!

Your recepie sounds far better than the one I found. Ugh.