Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Diamond Painting Ninja Gaiden Ryu

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
rouge2020
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Diamond Painting Ninja Gaiden Ryu

Post by rouge2020 »

I don't cross stitch or do perler beads, but i do love 8 bit art. So i found a way of doing it. it is similar to pixel hobby but i feel way cheaper and more flexibilty because i have access to the 447 dmc colors and choice of canvas size. it is called diamond painting. so here is my project done with a sprite stitch pattern. thanks to mfay for Ninja Gaiden Ryu Pattern. i will be posting wip and final picture. so here it goes.
Attachments
20170604_211045.jpg
20170604_174047.jpg
20170604_170401.jpg

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Diamond Painting Ninja Gaiden Ryu

Post by Clarington »

This looks really cool. I've never heard of diamond painting. I really like pixel hobby but also find it way too expensive.
How do you attach the "diamonds" to the background?

Can't wait to see more updates!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

rouge2020
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by rouge2020 »

update 1
Attachments
20170605_060004.jpg

rouge2020
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by rouge2020 »

Clarington wrote:This looks really cool. I've never heard of diamond painting. I really like pixel hobby but also find it way too expensive.
How do you attach the "diamonds" to the background?

Can't wait to see more updates!
There are sellers at aliexpress that sell pregridded canvas with what looks like a verystrong double sided tape or some special glue. so far it holds really well. you can get the canvas custom size ir you can buy already measured sizes. the thing is the do there measurements in centimeters. so a conversion to inches is needed. i would compare to working on 10 count aida. this site has a good breakdown of it. but im always happy to answer questions. http://thegirlthatstitches.blogspot.com

rouge2020
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by rouge2020 »

update 2 a LOT of black
Attachments
20170606_055158.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

How neat!!! I've seen diamond painting advertised in a catalog, but haven't looked into it...what are the diamonds made out of?

Can't wait to see more of your great progress!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rouge2020
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by rouge2020 »

i think they are made of a hard resin / plastic. i'm hoping to do some tonight and post another pic.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Nice! Have fun!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I've seen the diamond painting on my internet travels, and had wanted to try it!
Is it easy? And cheap/expensive? :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rouge2020
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by rouge2020 »

if you are looking to do a predesigned piece that has the canvas printed on with all the diamonds and supplies included for a big piece which is way better for detail you are looking at between $20-$50. for the large custom piece im going to work on i bought a piece if canvas for $36 for size 74 x 120cm the diamonds i made a purchase for $36.99. and had extra stones to make other custom kits. for the ninja gaiden ryu the canvas cost me around $5. it has the same concept as cross stitch with the same dmc colors and following a chart pattern. that is how im doing my custom pieces from the awesome sprite stitch patterns. it is not portable like cross stitch. but it is relaxing and fun. yes it can get up there in price but still way cheaper than pixel hobby. i get everything from aliexpress.com. this person blog has a great breakdown of it http://thegirlthatstitches.blogspot.com ... s.html?m=1
sorry i got long winded on that but i really like doing it. i hope this helps. and yes easy if you have a lot of patience.