Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Legend of Zelda Title Screen Blanket

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
rufusdampfer
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Legend of Zelda Title Screen Blanket

Post by rufusdampfer »

IMG_7465.jpg
IMG_7465.jpg (123.18 KiB) Viewed 10580 times
I've worked on this crochet project steadily for around 2 hours a day for the past 4 months. Netflix sometimes demands some distraction so you don't feel like you're completely wasting your time! It has been really fun to see it forming row by row like it's been loading for months! :link
I did this using 1 sc per 1 pixel making it 240 rows of 256. If anyone wants to know more details about how to do this I would be happy to help. I found it quite rewarding.

I am also working on an NES era Dragon Warrior blanket that will be done soonish.

Detail:
IMG_7472.jpg
IMG_7472.jpg (123.4 KiB) Viewed 10580 times
Wit and Courage have served me well

Jennuh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Legend of Zelda Title Screen Blanket

Post by Jennuh »

This is amazing! Makes me want to knit and crochet again as I've taken off about half a year from that craft to focus on cross stitching.... but oh boy. So many crafts and so little time. This is just inspiring though!
Image Image Image

AvFan4vr
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by AvFan4vr »

Wow! It's awesome!

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

I absolutely love this! You did a wonderful job. (And clearly have much more patience for colour changes than I do...)
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow...it looks so cool!

What yarn did you use?
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

tobebeatrice
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by tobebeatrice »

This is really awesome! How did you handle the color changes? I've been tempted to do something similar, but weaving in a bunch of yarn ends makes me freak out. Did/Are you going to back it with anything, or is it just as pretty on the back?

rufusdampfer
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by rufusdampfer »

tobebeatrice wrote:This is really awesome! How did you handle the color changes? I've been tempted to do something similar, but weaving in a bunch of yarn ends makes me freak out. Did/Are you going to back it with anything, or is it just as pretty on the back?
I handle color changes in a few different ways. Generally I like to work in the other colors with each stitch so I don't have to constantly cut and weave in yarn ends. Things get tangled enough eventually that I have to take a break and untangle or cut and sew in the ends. I tried to work it in as I went so it wasn't a nightmare at the end!

The reverse side is a mirror of the front and I'm content with it as is. I'm still considering some kind of border though. Opinions?
Wit and Courage have served me well

chall18
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by chall18 »

Wow, that's so cool! My boyfriend and I love Legend of Zelda. Is this your own pattern, or did you find it somewhere?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Hey, not only were you on the Sprite Stitch blog last week, but you were featured on Technabob too!
http://technabob.com/blog/2016/02/22/th ... n-blanket/
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tobebeatrice
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by tobebeatrice »

rufusdampfer wrote:
I handle color changes in a few different ways. Generally I like to work in the other colors with each stitch so I don't have to constantly cut and weave in yarn ends. Things get tangled enough eventually that I have to take a break and untangle or cut and sew in the ends. I tried to work it in as I went so it wasn't a nightmare at the end!

The reverse side is a mirror of the front and I'm content with it as is. I'm still considering some kind of border though. Opinions?
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "work in the other colors with each stitch". I feel like you have some magic crochet voodoo I must learn.

As far as borders go, I would probably do a thick-ish black still in the single crochet. It would remind me of the TV frame around the game screen and stick to the color pallet.