Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Dolls I made...

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Dolls I made...

Post by Ally »

So, I've been super duper quiet on these forums since about the beginning of the year. Reason? I got my butt in gear and decided to go to uni, where I'm now one year into a Creative Writing degree. The only downside to this is that I have been left with diddly-squat crafting time. My incomplete Hogwarts Crest and Epic Pokemon gen 1 haunt me...

In any case, for my Art and Creativity unit, my final assessment was to make a stop-motion animation. It could be about anything in the world, but the quick recommendation was to draw inspiration from our respective majors. I figured, I love writing, I'm very fond of books, so why not do something literary?

So, I did.

My final idea was to crochet three dolls in the likenesses of three literary characters, have them appear 'lost', then have them journey my treacherous bookshelves to 'return' to their books.

Behold: from right to left, Katniss Everdeen (sans the adorable bow I made her), Percy Jackson (sans the crappy sword I made him, which didn't make the final cut anyway because it weighed poor Percy down too much), and Hermione Granger.
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (148.95 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
In action (kind of):
DSC02787.JPG
DSC02787.JPG (127.35 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
I'd post the video file of the completed animation if I could, but it's pretty big, and technically anything produced within the confines of university belongs to the university, so I'm not 100% sure on whether I could youtube it.

When I showed it to my brother, he said I should have made a Ned Stark doll, and strike it down as it tried to reach my copy of Song of Ice and Fire. I'm kicking myself hard for not thinking of that earlier...
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Dolls I made...

Post by Firehawke »

These look great!!! :good:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Dolls I made...

Post by CitrusOda »

They look amazing! I hope you got a great mark,
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth