Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Nintendo Themed Quilt Pattern BOM

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Nintendo Themed Quilt Pattern BOM

Post by tnitnetny »

So Nicole and I decided we wanted to make our own quilt along for the next Block of the Month on Craft Hackers.

We need your help with ideas for our pattern. We are going to create our own quilting patterns and give them away for free each month. I am going to teach all of my quilt tips and techniques in the patterns. I am going to make them simple to do so that people new to quilting can do them as well. You just need to know how to use a rotary cutter and a sewing machine.

We decided on a 12 block pattern, 3 across, and 4 down with sashing and a border to separate them. Nicole is in the process of doing the blocks and layout now and then I get the task of doing the pattern, creating, and writing all of the assembly instructions.

It will be a Nintendo themed quilt. The blocks will be 17x17 pixels with 1 pixel background surrounding. Anything you would like to see in the quilt? If we do any certain blocks would it want you to make it?

Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Nintendo Themed Quilt Pattern BOM

Post by Knittenkitten »

Oh most definitely. Lets see...I can think of Zelda, Link, the Triforce, maybe even the spirit medallions from ocarina of time? How about some of the more popular tools/gadgets Link uses?
WIPs:
LoZ:LTTP Map (page 13 of 15)
Save the Stitches Blackwork
Frederick the Literate Kit
Butterfly Scroll Kit
Rainbow Gallery's Specialty Stitch Alphabet

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Nicole has been super busy and has a pattern together!

What do you guys think?

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

Wow, this already makes me wish I owned a sewing machine. Maybe my Mom won't notice if I steal hers?
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

Love it!!

kryssiecat
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by kryssiecat »

You're . . . . you're going to teach me to quilt?! Awwww yiss!!!!!! Finally! A purpose for that sewing machine my mother bought me at an auction like 2 years ago! :good:
Can't wait!!
Mother of Link Liam L.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Now this is a quilt I should make....if I knew how to quilt....I should have had my grandmother teach me when she was still able to quilt.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

kryssiecat wrote:You're . . . . you're going to teach me to quilt?! Awwww yiss!!!!!! Finally! A purpose for that sewing machine my mother bought me at an auction like 2 years ago! :good:
Can't wait!!
I was recently asked by a pretty famous woman in the quilting circles how I am able to spit out my quilts so fast. I told her that I have developed my own techniques and she suggested I start my own quilt pattern line. I can't sell anything that is copyrighted, but I plan on doing other pixelated images.

Nicole and I figured we need some guinea pigs for my techniques with reading them and learning. Which is why we are giving away Nintendo ones! I am going to keep them simple and easy BUT you need to know how to use a rotary cutter, and use a sewing machine. Other than that, hopefully I will make the directions easy and simple enough that yes, I can teach you how to quilt. :D

It is a BOM (Block of the month), so one block a month and then a month for assembling the blocks and borders together. I figure we will start it November or December, when the current quilt along we are doing on Craft Hackers ends.

So you guys like the blocks? Layout doesn't matter because that will be up to the individuals making the blocks.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Ooh fun!! I will plan to actually participate for this one...
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

What's the ink blob dude in the top middle from?
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com