Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Nintendo Themed Quilt Pattern BOM

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Nintendo Themed Quilt Pattern BOM

Post by tnitnetny »

I'm not sure what you mean by finished sizes by the fabric requirements. The amount you need of each fabric is included on page 2. Don't use this though, wait for the official one Nov 1. This isn't the final one, just getting opinions on the layout.

Sashing, backing, assembly, etc will be the last month. The size of the squares will be included on each individual square.

I will include the size of the entire "quilt as shown" on the blog post and forum post on Craft Hackers when it is up on November 1.

katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by katdun »

tnitnetny wrote:I will include the size of the entire "quilt as shown"
That's what I meant. If you followed all the instructions and bought as much fabric as was listed, how big it would be. I shouldn't post questions in the mornings. :help: haha
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

LOL. That's ok. :D I am still doing a lot of the actual patterns and will have all the calculations done before it launches on Sept 1. So I will include the finished size in that post. :D

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

AND I have made a major mathematical error. I am making the actual squares before we even put the first one up and I realized the yardage I was using was for normal size squares. We designed it with small squares in mind.

So I had to completely redo my calculations. Yeah. They are done though! So if you had printed out those yardages, please disregard them. The correct ones will be released November 1.

cashew
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by cashew »

I'm just pulling the colors from my stash right now, I think I have all of them, and don't think that I actually need to purchase anything. :yahoo: for stash usage.

And this is the cheap Amazon machine I have.. and I have quilted on it, only a lap quilt of about 50x50 inches, nothing bigger. just go slow and it can be done. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EO ... ge_o04_s00 I've taken it to classes with me, and on a long girls weekend (like a sewing retreat) It's seen some use and still going strong.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

You can definitely assemble quilt tops and do regular sewing on it on a regular basis. Just be careful with the number of quilts you actually "quilt" on it (combining the 3 layers). That puts extra stress on the machine and you could burn the motor if you do it too much.

Yay for not having to buy more fabric! I finished the first block instructions and have a sneak peak on my quiltoni social media.