Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Dancing Lemming screen cleaning pad

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Dancing Lemming screen cleaning pad

Post by LPSM »

I started on several Lemmings-related sewing projects prior to the announcement of the upcoming official merchandise (I have a policy of not making items where official merchandise is available), but I haven't yet had the time to finish them all. Today I was able to finish one of them - a small screen cleaning pad.

I started with the below image of a dancing lemming. This originally came from page 121 of the June 1993 issue of Amiga Computing magazine, from a piece promoting this song, and I removed as much of the background as I could.

A little bit of yellow remains around some parts of the outlines, but this was never going to show once it had been printed onto white fabric.

I sewed the printed piece to a swatch of blue short-pile plush fabric, and once I added stuffing, I ended up with a two-and-a-half inches tall screen cleaning pad.

Annoyingly, I accidentally cut the seam allowance a little too close after the stitching was done, and this resulted in a few small seam pops after turning it right-side out, which were a bit of a nuisance to fix. That aside, I'm really pleased with it. :D

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Dancing Lemming screen cleaning pad

Post by Firehawke »

Looks great! :good:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

He is really cute, :good:
Was it difficult to print it?
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by LPSM »

Thanks very much, guys. :thumbsup:
CitrusOda wrote:Was it difficult to print it?
Not at all, but that's just because I had it printed at Spoonflower, in some spare space at the edge of one of my other (also unfinished) projects. :) I used the Performance Knit fabric, as it's my favourite of their offerings due to the fact that it has great colour reproduction, and doesn't really fade when washed.