Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

8-bit Link blanket

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

8-bit Link blanket

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

This is my first ever crochet project. I've only been crocheting for a month and a half, so to those seasoned, it probably looks sloppy...BUT that's because I'm kind of still learning. :wave:
AllHailTheTriforce.jpg
AllHailTheTriforce.jpg (87.53 KiB) Viewed 5796 times
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: 8-bit Link blanket

Post by TigerLily »

I wish I had done things this cool when I was a month and a half into crocheting... Seriously, it's awesome. Keep up the good work!

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Really nice for your first project! The squares look like they lay very flat, well done. I'm crocheting today too, coincidentally. Just had to rip out 25 rows because I was doing the stitch wrong >_<. Other than the wasted time, ripping out crochet is oddly satisfying :)

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Thank you both! I found that when I can add any sort of video game elements to the craft, I tend to enjoy it more and I'm also finding that crochet is one of those relaxing repetitive crafts I'm coming to really enjoy.
funkymonkey wrote:Really nice for your first project! The squares look like they lay very flat, well done. I'm crocheting today too, coincidentally. Just had to rip out 25 rows because I was doing the stitch wrong >_<. Other than the wasted time, ripping out crochet is oddly satisfying :)
Not odd at all. I can't tell you HOW many squares would be pulled out and it's just fun for whatever reason lol
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Sophie's Universe

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Glad to see this one done! :) These are the things that make me wish my brain could grasp crochet.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

Can I ask what the finished size is? And what size the individual squares are?

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

blackberrybear wrote:Can I ask what the finished size is? And what size the individual squares are?
I'm not sure what size it is. It's roughly the size of those woven throw blankets. I know that it's at least as tall as me and I'm five feet...The individual squares are 3 1/2 inches each. I've already wrapped it for Christmas otherwise I could tell you the exact measurements lol. The squares I only know because I'm working on another one right now.
RMDC wrote:Glad to see this one done! :) These are the things that make me wish my brain could grasp crochet.
Lol thanks!
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Sophie's Universe

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

One of my main reasons for learning to crochet is to do blankets like this. After all my other projects are done, maybe I can start. Did you have someone teach or, or did you use something else?
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love your blanket!!! I'm a crocheter, but I've never tried something like this...don't you just love granny squares?!?!? Any thoughts for your next project?
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Kareesh wrote:One of my main reasons for learning to crochet is to do blankets like this. After all my other projects are done, maybe I can start. Did you have someone teach or, or did you use something else?
I learned from watching lots and lots of youtube videos lol my favorite youtuber for crochet is Bella Coco
Firehawke wrote:Love your blanket!!! I'm a crocheter, but I've never tried something like this...don't you just love granny squares?!?!? Any thoughts for your next project?
Thank you! And yes, my next project is already started :) I'm doing a very similar blanket for my daughter. It's essentially the same sprite, just the side view.
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Sophie's Universe