Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Zelda potion holder

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
Nadj
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Zelda potion holder

Post by Nadj »

Hello guys!
I can't believe it's been three years since my last post here. Sorry about that, really! I've been quite busy with work and life, and crafting was not a priority - let alone geekcrafting.
But I finally made something yesterday, and while I was blogging in French about it, I thought that maybe you'd like to see it too. So here it is:

I had these 3 tubes and wondered what to do with them... well, wouldn't they be perfect for potions? I made the holder with plywood and acacia branches (looks lovely, but it's not easy to work with thorny, twisted stuff!).
A few details:

Now my problem is: I don't know if it's finished or not. I always tend to add more and more details up to the point when I find what I made ugly and throw it away. I don't want to throw this away! I've been told to add a few :tri so that the Zelda reference is really obvious, but I'm not sure - I generally prefer to be subtle. What do you guys think?

(Original post in French with more, bigger pictures here)

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Zelda potion holder

Post by yessamaca »

I agree that subtle is better. I really like the way this looks just as it is. If you add more, it'd take away from the lovely glow of the potions. It's soooo pretty!

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I really love the acacia - those big, cartoony thorns! The chain and stone are perfect. I think it's solid and needs no further accenting, but if you're a hand at woodburning, a brief phrase in Hylian on one of the triangles' narrow faces - or on the bottom - would make it clear to anyone who might be confused as to which fandom this represents. :P
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

I love this so much. I can't tell you how much I love it.

I think a single triforce somewhere would be fine if you want to add one. I wouldn't do more than that though.

Nadj
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Nadj »

Thanks for your nice comments!
RMDC, I thought about woodburning, but I'm not very good at it. Moreover, my brother borrowed my equipment and I may have difficulties to get it back.
So I think I'll leave it the way it is!