Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Displaying My Disney Stuff

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Displaying My Disney Stuff

Post by RMDC »

Shortest version: I have Disney junk of varying kinds and I'm looking for display ideas. Here's a blog post about it. That's where the bulk of the pictures is, too.

Longer version: I have a boatload of Disney pins, plus a couple of lanyards, plus four magic bands (their new wristband ticket / people-tracker system), plus several Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom cards. I'd like to have a single, centralized, integrated method of display for most or all of them.

The pins really ought to be the centerpiece. I don't want the mounting / dismounting process to be too onerous, since I'd like to be able to rearrange it and update it with new entries. If there's a way to display the Sorceror cards, those would be the next coolest thing visually. If not, lanyards and magic bands take the next priority slot.

When I first started thinking about this, I thought of a shadowbox for the pins hung over a horizontal bar-style coat rack with hooks or pegs on which the lanyards / bands would hang. But I'm wondering if there's a better or more adorbzable system. Plus there's the cards (if possible).

Any ideas? Because if there's anywhere I can find a bunch of :wiz , it's here. :D
Spoiler
Disney Pins - 01.jpg
Disney Pins - 01.jpg (508.08 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Displaying My Disney Stuff

Post by funkymonkey »

I really want to use the :wiz in place of swear words now ^_^

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Have you tried something as simple as a corkboard? You can keep the pin backs elsewhere and use them as pushpins for the design part, and if you don't like the cork you can easily cover it with some fabric. Then you can re-arrange to your heart's delight. You can use other pins to put up the cards, not going through them, but creating places for them to rest/holding them in place.

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Eliste wrote:Have you tried something as simple as a corkboard? You can keep the pin backs elsewhere and use them as pushpins for the design part, and if you don't like the cork you can easily cover it with some fabric. Then you can re-arrange to your heart's delight. You can use other pins to put up the cards, not going through them, but creating places for them to rest/holding them in place.
That's a thought, though in a house with small children and cats I'm not sure it's a secure enough solution. :)

funkymonkey wrote:I really want to use the :wiz in place of swear words now ^_^
:rotfl: Well, I wasn't quite expecting that reading!

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

RMDC wrote:
Eliste wrote:Have you tried something as simple as a corkboard? You can keep the pin backs elsewhere and use them as pushpins for the design part, and if you don't like the cork you can easily cover it with some fabric. Then you can re-arrange to your heart's delight. You can use other pins to put up the cards, not going through them, but creating places for them to rest/holding them in place.
That's a thought, though in a house with small children and cats I'm not sure it's a secure enough solution. :)
Corkboard behind glass? If you had a deep enough frame, you could cut the cork to be the backing and that would be way cheaper than buying one of those glass wall cases.

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Eliste wrote:Corkboard behind glass? If you had a deep enough frame, you could cut the cork to be the backing and that would be way cheaper than buying one of those glass wall cases.
That might work with a big enough frame. I could attach pegs or hooks to the side for the lanyards and bands, maybe hang card protector sheets beneath it.

PinkPoodle
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by PinkPoodle »

We made a "Disney" wall. We have one of those multiple picture frames with pictures of our Disney trip and we hung our lanyards with pins on the wall next to it. You could put the bands and cards in a diorama kind of picture frame and hang it next to your lanyards.
Currently working on:
Tiki Room Cross Stitch
Large Skyrim Perler project
A quilt I really need to finish