Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Beaded Pokemon Keychains

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Beaded Pokemon Keychains

Post by KittensConsole »

I decided to experiment with Miyuki beads, and it resulted in these amazing keychains :yahoo:

I started with Umbreon, which was for my boyfriend since it is his favorite eveelution. Then my second try was with Fracture, who was for a friend that after seeing Umbreon wanted his favorite pokemon in keychain form. So with a price I made one for him :grin: Lastly I made Glaceon for the same friend ( he has more than one favorite and gladly paid me for this one as well )

Umbreon and Fracture was created using size 1.8mm Miyuki square cut beads, I prefer using them due to the stiffness of the keychain which means it holds it's shape, also its more similar to pixels which makes it a true work of sprite art. :D

Glaceon was created using Miyuki 11/0 delicas, this one was nice as well but due to the beads being rounded this keychain is more flexible, causing the ears to droop slightly as well as the tail. Maybe I lack a certain method that fixes this? Well if anyone happens to know of how to stiffen the form up please do tell! If not well, I just gotta work on it :D
Attachments
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glaceon.jpg (351.28 KiB) Viewed 5368 times
Fracture and Umbreon  ( also viewed here: http://kittensconsole.deviantart.com/art/Eveelution-and-Fracture-Keychains-443535208 )
Fracture and Umbreon ( also viewed here: http://kittensconsole.deviantart.com/art/Eveelution-and-Fracture-Keychains-443535208 )
download.jpg (131.38 KiB) Viewed 5368 times

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Beaded Pokemon Keychains

Post by RMDC »

They're really cool! And +1 for Umbreon love. :)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Very cute :) Is beadweaving hard to learn?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KittensConsole »

Pyper wrote:Very cute :) Is beadweaving hard to learn?
Well in my opinion it wasn't, this is hand done of course with a needle and thread. I taught myself :grin: The only annoying thing for me is increasing, just because I don't like it so much. They also take an hour or so to make.

tehneyrzomb
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tehneyrzomb »

Wow! Those are gorgeous! Umbreon is my favorite. <3
Current WIPs:
8-bit Link, Nayru, Din Blanket
Hylian Crest Graphghan

KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KittensConsole »

tehneyrzomb wrote:Wow! Those are gorgeous! Umbreon is my favorite. <3
Thank you very much! I might make Jolteon soon, He's my favorite :grin:

tehneyrzomb
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tehneyrzomb »

KittensConsole wrote:Thank you very much! I might make Jolteon soon, He's my favorite :grin:
Oooh that would look awesome, especially with how shiny the beads are!
Current WIPs:
8-bit Link, Nayru, Din Blanket
Hylian Crest Graphghan

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

Another beadweaver yay!! I make pixel-y stuffz with delicas too :D I love these keychains and Eevee evolutiony things! Threw you a watch on DA and a like on yer fb page. I'm such a stalker lol :grin:
KittensConsole wrote:: The only annoying thing for me is increasing, just because I don't like it so much. They also take an hour or so to make.
An hour?? :shock: I'm embarrassed; I've been weaving for over ten years :blush: I'm working on a Hello Kitty pendant in square stitch and it's taken two weeks so far. Then again maybe it's a reflection of how I feel about the technique, makes me wanna :banghead: As for increases I try not to do them if at all possible, I'll start at the widest point of the pattern just so I only have decreases to deal with.
KittensConsole wrote:: Well if anyone happens to know of how to stiffen the form up please do tell! If not well, I just gotta work on it :D
As for droopiness with shaped work and square stitch, I believe it's a simple matter of tension and how many times you go back through if you have 5 or less beads in a row. I'm trying to perfect mine and the more I work with square stitch the easier it gets. It's up there in the running of my least favorite techniques though, I much prefer looming ;) Great to see your work!! :clapping:

~Steph~

KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KittensConsole »

BeadedImagination wrote:Another beadweaver yay!! I make pixel-y stuffz with delicas too :D I love these keychains and Eevee evolutiony things! Threw you a watch on DA and a like on yer fb page. I'm such a stalker lol :grin:
KittensConsole wrote:: The only annoying thing for me is increasing, just because I don't like it so much. They also take an hour or so to make.
An hour?? :shock: I'm embarrassed; I've been weaving for over ten years :blush: I'm working on a Hello Kitty pendant in square stitch and it's taken two weeks so far. Then again maybe it's a reflection of how I feel about the technique, makes me wanna :banghead: As for increases I try not to do them if at all possible, I'll start at the widest point of the pattern just so I only have decreases to deal with.
KittensConsole wrote:: Well if anyone happens to know of how to stiffen the form up please do tell! If not well, I just gotta work on it :D
As for droopiness with shaped work and square stitch, I believe it's a simple matter of tension and how many times you go back through if you have 5 or less beads in a row. I'm trying to perfect mine and the more I work with square stitch the easier it gets. It's up there in the running of my least favorite techniques though, I much prefer looming ;) Great to see your work!! :clapping:

~Steph~
Thank you so much for everything :D I should try weaving through the pieces more and see if that stiffens them up then, I use fireline and each bead has about 2-4 threads running through them. I just worry about busting the beads if I thread through too much :banghead: I did that with some pieces done with 15/0's and it was heart wrenching. But practice makes perfect I suppose. But again thank you so much, also I love your work too!