Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Beaded Pokemon Keychains

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Beaded Pokemon Keychains

Post by BeadedImagination »

KittensConsole wrote: Thank you so much for everything :D I should try weaving through the pieces more and see if that stiffens them up then, I use fireline and each bead has about 2-4 threads running through them. I just worry about busting the beads if I thread through too much :banghead: I did that with some pieces done with 15/0's and it was heart wrenching. But practice makes perfect I suppose. But again thank you so much, also I love your work too!
Aww thanks :) And I'm always glad to help! Yeah breaking beads sucks; just remember that if you have to force the needle through then make that pass and leave it alone. If you can't get the needle in anymore, leave it alone. Ahhh 15's, hopefully Miyuki will one day have a color range in their 15's that will rival the 11's. I've never used fireline, I just use regular cotton/poly sewing thread cause it comes in just about any color, and if you can't color match you can use white and a permanent marker ;) I've always assumed fireline would be difficult to get through the needle and have all sorts of funky things wrong with it, like kinking up? Yep practice practice practice; keep it up! :D
~Steph~

KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KittensConsole »

BeadedImagination wrote:Aww thanks :) And I'm always glad to help! Yeah breaking beads sucks; just remember that if you have to force the needle through then make that pass and leave it alone. If you can't get the needle in anymore, leave it alone. Ahhh 15's, hopefully Miyuki will one day have a color range in their 15's that will rival the 11's. I've never used fireline, I just use regular cotton/poly sewing thread cause it comes in just about any color, and if you can't color match you can use white and a permanent marker ;) I've always assumed fireline would be difficult to get through the needle and have all sorts of funky things wrong with it, like kinking up? Yep practice practice practice; keep it up! :D
~Steph~
Fireline is hard to get through the needle but I like it because I can trust it won't break easily. I can hardly cut it with my fancy pair of scissors that's supposed to be able to cut all types of threads. I never have issues with it kinking up or anything either :D I try not to force the needle through beads but sometimes it tricks you and makes you think you can fit it through then bam it breaks :banghead:

AddioKira
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by AddioKira »

These are fantastic - so cute! I love them! (and yeah I hear it on the lack of color options in 15s, so frustrating.)

KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KittensConsole »

AddioKira wrote:These are fantastic - so cute! I love them! (and yeah I hear it on the lack of color options in 15s, so frustrating.)
Thank you so much :D and yeesh I know! I don't see why they can't have similar color sets :confused: I'm sure people would use 15's just as much if not more if they had more colors.

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

KittensConsole wrote:
AddioKira wrote:These are fantastic - so cute! I love them! (and yeah I hear it on the lack of color options in 15s, so frustrating.)
Thank you so much :D and yeesh I know! I don't see why they can't have similar color sets :confused: I'm sure people would use 15's just as much if not more if they had more colors.
I would so use the Delica 15's for sprites and scenes, they would be more to scale :NES

~Steph~

Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Lalina »

Yay! I love it when I run into others who do beadwork :) I actually prefer size 11s because I can run my thread through them more often than I can with smaller beads (I use somewhat thick thread). While I've flattened the eyelette of my needles a few times, bead-breakage isn't usually an issue. Practise will definitely help you to figure out the right "technique" for keeping your beads even. I think they look pretty great already. Extensions don't have to be scary!

Try something straightforward like the invinsibility star from Super Mario 3 to practise on. There is no easy way to make it without creating a large extension. You are much faster at beading than I am so you could probably just do the extended a couple times to see what works for you.
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KittensConsole »

Lalina wrote:Yay! I love it when I run into others who do beadwork :) I actually prefer size 11s because I can run my thread through them more often than I can with smaller beads (I use somewhat thick thread). While I've flattened the eyelette of my needles a few times, bead-breakage isn't usually an issue. Practise will definitely help you to figure out the right "technique" for keeping your beads even. I think they look pretty great already. Extensions don't have to be scary!

Try something straightforward like the invinsibility star from Super Mario 3 to practise on. There is no easy way to make it without creating a large extension. You are much faster at beading than I am so you could probably just do the extended a couple times to see what works for you.
:confused: I may have missed something but what are extensions in terms of beading? I kinda don't know :blush: haha, also thank you for the compliment! :D It is great to meet fellow beaders :yahoo:

Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Lalina »

Sorry! I meant increases. I call them in extensions in my head but now that I re-read things I realized that nobody else called them that @_@
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

KittensConsole
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KittensConsole »

Lalina wrote:Sorry! I meant increases. I call them in extensions in my head but now that I re-read things I realized that nobody else called them that @_@
Oh haha :grin: it's fine no worries just confuzzled me slightly! I taught myself to bead weave so I thought maybe I missed a detail somewhere. Thank you still for the advice! I like making bracelets more than I do charms because of the increases but I'll still work on them from time to time definitely.